The Saga of the IM Mage

Neponde

Remember, a sparkling will be invincible against steel wizards.

Consider also mage barrier. 40 shock damage plus knockback against the spiders. I'm at this point considering turning my mage into a high health mage barrier tank that can fling lightning bolts, and summon a lvl 1 sparkling. (a completely ark-specific build). I wont spoil it, but there are a couple key points in the ark the little guy will be invaluable..

You will need radiation protection as well.
Post automatically merged:    

Well, looks like i am now committed to a fight at the end. I accidentally tapped the wrong dialogue, and turned a certain someone hostile at the dragon coast. As I understand it, a peaceful ending is no longer possible. Hrm.

Last edited:

Kakost

Yeah, I ate a total of 93 potions of both mid mana and mid hp to go to the reactor and back. Steel wizards I deal by keep dodging and zapping. Spiders I zap, run, zap again. Still insane thou.

Now Im back to the Citadel, gotta grind the 50k for the belt. I also need 350k to the visions on Nivaria, so I think I'll do that.

Yes, an ark build may make my life less stressfull. Mage barrier + sparkling 1, that might indeed be a good idea.

Atomos

Well, looks like i am now committed to a fight at the end. I accidentally tapped the wrong dialogue, and turned a certain someone hostile at the dragon coast. As I understand it, a peaceful ending is no longer possible. Hrm.
If you manage to do everything else right, you can still get a peaceful ending 😉

Neponde

If you manage to do everything else right, you can still get a peaceful ending 😉
You are right! My memory was telling me I needed to get everything perfect. Last playthrough, i missed one detail that both missed a +1, and resulted in an unavoidable -1 in dialogue.

Guess the decision is still on the table. I feel like an ironman run has a lot less bragging rights when you skip that battle.

Neponde

Alas, an ignoble end to a 7 month character. I was distracted by a movie that was playing for kiddos, and a zealot blew up on me. Two seconds of distraction, for disaster.

Ah well, I had fun.

I've got a hard melee rogue going on right now for casual play. But I've never done a cleric playthrough, and its been a while since I have done warrior. Maybe I'll start up one of those for my next ironman attempt. Hope my journey had been enjoyable for some!

Kakost

"Hard meele Rogue for casual play"

Hehe, when you decide to "casually" play on Hard is the sign that you've mastered this game lol

Kakost

I did it! I finally did it!

Thanks for the tip on the sparklings Neponde, I just lvled to 24 and used the points to get Sparkling 1, which was all that I ever needed. Yes, I could deal with the Steel Wizards by constantly dodging and zapping, but facing Battle Droids in this manner would've been at minimum a massive pain or potentially lethal, in special in the part where there's two of them. The tiny little Sparkling was a true savior.

And I gotta say, aside from a few scary moments at the reactor (with all those damnable death balls), the Ark was actually surprisingly easy. Sure, I avoided fighting the Boss (peaceful ending - I'll let that fight for next time), but it was pretty easy overall (of course the Sparklings greatly improved my life), just a bit potion consuming (almost 70 hp and mid mana potions, plus a few dozens of Elixirs of Galade, of which I have almost 200 yet).

Pretty satisfying ending nevertheless.

Sadly I wanted to put the Ark behind me, but I am yet to find a Plexifiber for my mage, the last one item I want from there, so Im still gonna do some farming there until I get it, and then I'll go either SoH or Temple of the Ancients, not sure yet of which.