About Arcane Knights and Death Knights

Am I the only one here that hopes that arcane knight and death knight Mage sub classes should be a separate build altogether? It'd be pretty interesting I think.

Kakost

You mean, an entirely new class?

What I wished for them is to be able to learn Warriors Guild skills like the Cleric-Warrior or Rogue-Warrior, that would be awesome

You mean, an entirely new class?

What I wished for them is to be able to learn Warriors Guild skills like the Cleric-Warrior or Rogue-Warrior, that would be awesome
Yeah that'd be a pretty cool alternative. But as of right now they're not that fun to use.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Arcane Knight sub-class was added very late into the game so it feels more like an optional re-play idea than a more traditional class.

The game's balance doesn't serve Arcane Knights very well. However, many of the suggested fixes don't address the balance issue so much as they swing it too far in favor of the sub-class.

Can you imagine a 2-H Warrior being able to use Mage Armor and summon an Iron Golem?
Can you imagine a high DPS staff mage being able to wear the best defensive gear in the game?

Over simplified , those are the two extremes that would break the game.

So, Arcane Knights get some melee utility while not tipping too far into become mini-gods.

Not a prefect system.

Kakost

I wouldnt change it to let them use warrior gear, just some adv skills from the Warrior's Guild that Clerics and Rogues can use too, like Heavy Hand and such. That way also opening the possibility of joining the warriors instead of mages (and thus having to choose between focusing more on the meele aspect or taking Iron Golem for example).

One other thing I would like for Mages would be to allow Arcanist to reach lvl 5, thus allowing to use even the most powerful Staves without mana. Not particularly useful, but fun to roleplay, a "true arcanist master".

Edit: I also wouldnt give them shields. I love the idea of fighting with a sword and an orb, it's so cool and distinctive

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I wouldnt change it to let them use warrior gear, just some adv skills from the Warrior's Guild that Clerics and Rogues can use too, like Heavy Hand and such.

That's the way I read it too, and yes it would be cool and not OP.