A Mage at the Warriors Guild

Kakost

Can an Arcane Knight who joins the Warrior's Guild learn skills such as Duel and Heavy Hand?

Im thinking to start with a new char to go that rote, but I needed to confirm that first

Kakost

Oh, what a shame. I wanted to build a Mage joining the Warrior's guild instead of the Mage's guild, but if that's the case, there's no point. What a shame, I was eager for that possibility.

Atomos

@Kakost you can still choose some universal defensive skills. Body Development, Spirit Ward (and other wards too) are used by all the best players. Varannari friends can get Beast master skills, which is pretty good even with a single skill point investment ;)

Kakost

Yeah, Arcane Knight is still pretty awesome, but I wanted to try that "multi-class" same as cleric-warriors, but alas, let us keep it simple

taldriel

in my opinion the cleric in the warriors guild is the best char you can make, the best cleric skills are basic, like arbenos or intervention and heal, the warrior build can give duel and heavy hand, with a quick mace and shield arbenos take the best buff.

Cryf

The only "real" cross guild option is a Cleric in the Warrior's Guild.
I think it's not only the cleric.

I tried Rogue in the Warriors Guild. Even though everyone says that Assassinate is better than Heavyhand.

On the one hand it's cool to kill one enemy using Stab and then Stab can be used again immediately and again and again...
It even says on the wiki:
"Assassinate is one of the most powerful skills in the game. If you play melee Rogue, it is the best choice - much better than Heavyhand (believe it, tested many times)."🤨
BUT it usually works great only against enemies that are usually easy to beat anyway.

On the other hand Heavyhand will always be useful, especially considering Rogue's high attack speed.

Lamar

On the other hand Heavyhand will always be useful, especially considering Rogue's high attack speed.
The problem with heavyhand is it requires 4 strength which robs the power from light fast attack speed weapons.