Best farming place?

Which farming point is better?

• Total voters

Atomos

I always liked the Mausoleum. It's a very good dungeon with clear division between rooms with low level threats, high level threats, and fire threats. It takes several runs to finish completely, and has some useful items available as loot in there. The first time I've reached the end I was like: "Waaat? No secrets behind that fire? No demonic prince of anger to have a screaming contest with? Oh well..."

Neponde

As usual, class and playstyle will be major factors here 😀. I like orc lair when I have crowd damage (cleave/whirlwind, fireball, etc). But a backstab rogue would probably fare better in the maze. Also, as you get higher level, things will shift.
Mausoleum is a favorite of many. I find XP better there, but gold less so. But, midgame, gold becomes a but less important too.

Kakost

And here I am at lvl 21 still waiting for gold to become unimportant... I must be doing something wrong for sure.

Currently trying to farm at Sunken Citadel, and it's not remotely as good as Maze, I have to take a lot more cautious in there, and doesnt get as much gold - which I desperatly want in order to stockpile scrolls and potions for the Ark, which I stepped into but gave up for now due to the difficulty. But at Sunken Citadel Im stockpilling those Potions of Galande that are super good, and Im also trying to get the best pants for mages - that insist on never dropping. Other than that, I saw that I already have all the items I could possibly want that do not come from the Ark, so... Yeah, I feel stuck at grinding all over again.

Invector

The Citadel. Great XP and lots of high end drops worth beaucoup bucks. Icing on the cake is plenty of Elixir of Galade

Kakost

The Citadel. Great XP and lots of high end drops worth beaucoup bucks. Icing on the cake is plenty of Elixir of Galade
Yeah, it's a matter of lvl also. I have been farming on Maze lvl 1 ever since lvl 7. From lvl 11-12, I hit the Maze lvl 2. And from the lvl 20+, the Citadel. But because the Citadel have very little (but very valuable) loot, I do Citadel and Maze 2 every single time in the same run (Maze 1 is no longer worth it so much), and then sell it all at Freetown all at once. So right now at lvl 21 Im actually farming both simultaneously, while I get ready to farm the Ark (which I heard on many places being said that is a wonderful farming place, but I still have to see to believe)

VDX_360

Staff member
"Best farming place" depends on your build, where you, and what you're looking to get.

Maze of Lamth sounds nifty as an overall good place, but maybe not if you're level 2, or level 20.

The fastest way to progress is the game it to knock out mains story line quests.

Kakost

The fastest way to progress is the game it to knock out mains story line quests.
True. I didint farm all too much at, except when unsure on what to do next. I did go at the Maze on lvl 6, but just to get the horns, and Maze 2 at lvl 11 just for curiosity, but didnt do all the rinse and repeat until lvl 16, when all quests seemed too hard. And Im doing Citadel now because Ark seems too hard.

But in truth, the best way for me to improve in both XP, gold and items have been doing all the quests the game has, instead of getting stalled at just farming. It's also more fun too than repeating the same dungeon over and over.

Doing Rumor Bosses is another good way to "farm" too, which is also not repetitive and boring

Atomos

@Kakost you seem to have gold intensive play style (pretty amazing imo and quite different than mine), which is good for Ironman runs and tackling difficult dungeons, but not exactly efficient when farming. If you want to save gold for fun stuff you might consider employing cheap tactics:
- saving potions and scrolls for emergencies,
- avoiding emergencies,
- luring and fighting single enemies when possible,
- eliminating healers first,
- using efficient attack spells (lighting bolt 3, combustion) only when you have to fight and hit multiple opponents, or the furious ones, or when you tanker is knocked down,
- if you're exploring a new dungeon, that you suspect will be long, consider how many potions a single Epic Omelette can save you,
- if you really need potions to be efficient (a good tip for Intervention cleric users), then consider buying Deepfrost Cognac. Every single bottle takes one slot, but it's very cheap, and as you progress in the dungeon you'll use it up and get the space for the loot.