Spoilers Can someone help me come up with a fun rouge playthrough idea?(I'm looking at you Apocalypse)

Thread contains spoilers about game content

ForgedPapers

As of now I have completed every class but rouge to the fullest extent and I was wondering if anybody wanted to come up with a new interesting way to play rouge, (I.e. Master Assassin (Can only use daggers and assassins armour.) (Mad Hatter: Poisons and poisonous items only.) (The Alchemist: Have to always have a buffing potion in your inventory) <- some ideas. (Cough, cough, @Apocalypse)
Post automatically merged:    

Oh and also if possible you can contact me through discord if you want.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Hi @ForgedPapers!
That's funny, I was just trying to come up with a new Rogue Challenge!

I've been experimenting with a "Warded Man" rogue idea, a pacifist who wants to learn all 6 Ward Skills, but with as few bloodshed as possible. The challenge will be completed when the 6 Wards have been learned, but at one condition: to have a total kill count equal to or less than the number of quests completed! Turns out doing quests without killing anyone is very hard... and frustrating loll.

If you want to try them out, I've made 2 rogue builds to download and play, Monk of Arbenos and Lady Xidar:​
'10 NEW CLASSES TO DOWNLOAD!'
(Be careful though, importing this save will erase all your games. Do a backup if you want to keep them.)
Monk of Arbenos is a pyromancer rogue that uses fire weapons and fire traps!
Lady Xidar is an arachnomancer specialized in poisons. She stuns and paralyzes her victims with smoke bombs and venomous weapons! She's also friends with a bunch of spiders loll
I also did a Varannari rogue challenge, you can check it out if you want:

By the way, if you come up with your own rogue challenge, keep me posted! I could add it to the challenge page! I like your Mad Hatter and Alchemist ideas. They could be combined into a single challenge, some alchemist rogue obsessed with vials of strange substances... His final boss could be the Unweakened Undermother (she's "weak" to poisons loll) ;)

PS: I'm not on Discord. Thanks for the invite though! I might check it out, heard the app is great.

Last edited:

ForgedPapers

Cool, thanks for all this! I will certainly try more of your challenges!

@Apocalypse Here is my idea:
The Estranged Cambion for Rouges
As the son of Kalagru and spacefaring demigoddess you have been disowned by your father for your teenage bickering (For demon/Muud hybrids that is around the ripe age of 1000). As punishment you have been stripped of your amazing powers you have sworn to take revenge on your father and move to your mother's instead. Through the enlistment of your 'sister' and 'grandfather' and your companions along the way your goal is to kill your father temporarily to prove yourself then move to your mothers homeworld to live out the rest of your nigh-immortal life. What you need to do:
  • Find and defeat as many of your fathers generals and minions as possible (Named fiends)
  • Defeat your father Kalagru
  • Get to the gate and attempt to return to Noutamet
What your restrictions are:
  • Due to your demonic heritage you must have at least one piece of armour with flame resistance to keep your flaming lifeforce from freezing
  • You have been taught only how to wield weapons of flame so you must find one as soon as possible, in the meantime you may only use your fists
  • You cannot enter the Ark without defeating Kalagru
  • You must have a demonic name i.e Garthox the Brimstone Lord
That is all, if you want to add more please do so!

Last edited:

ForgedPapers

Cool, thanks for all this! I will certainly try more of your challenges!

@Apocalypse Here is my idea:
The Estranged Cambion for Rouges
As the son of Kalagru and spacefaring demigoddess you have been disowned by your father for your teenage bickering (For demon/Muud hybrids that is around the ripe age of 1000). As punishment you have been stripped of your amazing powers you have sworn to take revenge on your father and move to your mother's instead. Through the enlistment of your 'sister' and 'grandfather' and your companions along the way your goal is to kill your father temporarily to prove yourself then move to your mothers homeworld to live out the rest of your nigh-immortal life. What you need to do:
  • Find and defeat as many of your fathers generals and minions as possible (Named fiends)
  • Defeat your father Kalagru
  • Get to the gate and attempt to return to Noutamet
What your restrictions are:
  • Due to your demonic heritage you must have at least one piece of armour with flame resistance to keep your flaming lifeforce from freezing
  • You have been taught only how to wield weapons of flame so you must find one as soon as possible, in the meantime you may only use your fists
  • You cannot enter the Ark without defeating Kalagru
  • You must have a demonic name i.e Garthox the Brimstone Lord
That is all, if you want to add more please do so!
Since you are also of Muud heritage you may also use shock weapons when fighting demons. Also your flame resistance number must be above or on a threshold that changes every 5 levels i.e Lvl 5 20 fire res, LVL 10 40 fire res

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I love this!!!

There's basic fire gear easily found at the beginning of the game: Gauntlets of the Forge are sold in Lannegar, and Vulcan Daggers can be found in the caves North of Lannegar (or bought in Rhoneis!). There are even Goblin Lizardskin Boots everywhere near Lannegar! So fire gear shouldn't be a problem, for the cambion and their companions too.

Here are a bunch of ideas :)

Companion: The same restrictions should also apply to your companion! Resistance and weapons.
Summons: Fire Elemental only, no other summon allowed.
Banishing: Instead of allowing Shock weapons, I suggest allowing Banishing weapons. They are made to punish demons! Maybe even collecting them all before defeating Kalagru? (I like collecting stuff loll).
Off-Hand weapons: Fire only? Or allow them all?
Skills: Explosive Traps and Fire Ward would be perfect for this challenge. Make them mandatory? (For example, must learn Explosive Traps III and Fire Ward III at level 13 maximum!)
Fire resistance: Could easily be 5/Level minimum. Make it illegal to gain a level unless your fire resistance is high enough loll, would be hilariously cruel ;)

PS: It's "Rogue", not "Rouge". In French, rouge is the color red, makes me chuckle everytime lol. :p

I definitely want to play your challenge!​

VDX_360

Staff member
@ForgedPapers , don't give @Apocalypse any encouragement. He's a bad seed. I'm pretty sure he's the reason The Abbot went full darkside.

As for you, @Apocalypse , BAD DOG!!! BAD !!! Go back to the Hellish Cave where you belong.

On a serious note, a dedicated Archer run seems a natural fit for the play style you seek.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Oh no @VDX_360, you revealed my true form!!!

"Grrrr I'm the cambion doggo"

The Abbot: *Runs away screaming*

Touch the Eye of Tol to reveal @VDX_360's secret identity... ;)

Last edited:

ForgedPapers

Archer warrior run go BRRRRRRR. Also darn you french canadian cambion doggo for seing my mistake >:).
I love this!!!

There's basic fire gear easily found at the beginning of the game: Gauntlets of the Forge are sold in Lannegar, and Vulcan Daggers can be found in the caves North of Lannegar (or bought in Rhoneis!). There are even Goblin Lizardskin Boots everywhere near Lannegar! So fire gear shouldn't be a problem, for the cambion and their companions too.

Here are a bunch of ideas :)

Companion: The same restrictions should also apply to your companion! Resistance and weapons.
Summons: Fire Elemental only, no other summon allowed.
Banishing: Instead of allowing Shock weapons, I suggest allowing Banishing weapons. They are made to punish demons! Maybe even collecting them all before defeating Kalagru? (I like collecting stuff loll).
Off-Hand weapons: Fire only? Or allow them all?
Skills: Explosive Traps and Fire Ward would be perfect for this challenge. Make them mandatory? (For example, must learn Explosive Traps III and Fire Ward III at level 13 maximum!)
Fire resistance: Could easily be 5/Level minimum. Make it illegal to gain a level unless your fire resistance is high enough loll, would be hilariously cruel ;)

PS: It's "Rogue", not "Rouge". In French, rouge is the color red, makes me chuckle everytime lol. :p

I definitely want to play your challenge!​
Ok! I think that may work! I'll start one up soon!