Problem with the version IOS

Platform
iOS

Issaac777

Can the developer update the game in IOS?
Post automatically merged:    

It's sad to buy all the access to the game and get something outdated, I was discouraged, I read what they have written and I understand about the licenses. I appreciate what they have written. It would be good for the developer to take action on this and update the game on IOS, if they can't share licenses between companies, I think the right thing to do with the players would be to keep the game updated. Even more so if you save your game in the cloud and buy full access.
Post automatically merged:    

Thank you all for improving the game. <3

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It's not about getting new licences, it's the fact Apple have removed support for the tech which EK was built on.

At the moment it would require a rewrite of EK to get it back onto Apple store.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Developer is trying to get EK working on iOS, but it obviously isn't easy and so far there's no success.

Issaac777

Thanks for your answers, now I understand that the Apple technology is the problem the developer does great work I reading the comments and the compatibility with Apple is hard but I hope that happens. ¿How to rewrite EK for IOS? I appreciate the explained me about process of the game.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Developer would have to divert a significant amount of time to re-work to comply with Apple's current standards. The work involved might require a complete rebuild of the game --- one can imagine how that is not an enticing project.

That is unlikely to happen as the Developer is busy with working on his next project, Archaelund. That game will be a PC only game to avoid the numerous issues with smart phone devices, which include compatibility and size restraints.

For fairness, Apple has traditionally defended it's policies as necessary for security and functionality of Apple services. There is some truth to that --- the more flexible a platform the more room for vulnerabilities and compatibilities issues to pop-up.

As a personal comment, I believe it's a case of Apple using legit security concerns to to justify anti-competitive business policies that go well beyond what is actually required to address security issues.

This lengthy comment is aimed towards highlighting why the iOS update isn't a simple matter to resolve. Some players are a bit frustrated and don't understand the complex reality of working with Apple.