Good grinding spots

ForgedPapers

Hello! I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their favorite grinding spots! This is for anybody's use so once it reaches a sufficient amount of spots listed I will tag it as a guide! If you could please list the level and mobs/quests it focuses on that would be great.

uaeoh415

I grind in the Maze of Lamth both levels and use the pillar to Sunken Citadel. I will have filled my bag and Pouch with loot, farmed half a million gold, reached Level 26 this way. I use a Teleport scroll back to Jabal and repeat as needed. It becomes doable at level 18, but well worth it after level 20.

Level 14 up, just grind in the Maze of Lamth, both levels and use a Return Scroll at that level.

Atomos

Truth be told, during the last game that I'm on I've never went to grind for XP or gold, but for items, and even then I got what I needed after 1 or 2 runs.
What comes to mind is:
Gorx Lair - level 6/8 - I used to like this spot for farming Firesalts, now I think fire cave in Tremadans tower might be better
Merdxan Cave - level 8/10 - Nevermelt ice, Icewolf pelts
Kurgua Cave - level 12/14 - Ivory ring and Mystic bone mace
Mausoleum - level 15/18 - Ruined dragoon boots, Tolassian chain armor, Scrolls of wisdom
Crimson hills - level 17/18 - Corrosive weapons, Ring of the frozen heart, Golden apples, small diamonds
Abbey of Saint Admus - level 18/20 - Cursed fang, Mystic sandals
Sunken citadel - level 20/22 - Ashen leggings/boots/helms, Leggings of Shadows, Blacksilk leggings, Potions of Mana, Elixirs of Galade
Forbidden pit - level 20/23 - Potions of Mana, Emeralds, small rumor boss loot
Ark of Lothasan - level 22/24 - Ring of the star traveler - by the time you get enough of those, you'll find everything else of value ;)
Icemist underlevels - level 22 and up - big rumor boss loot

VDX_360

Staff member
There's already a few threads dedicated to The Best Grinding Spots.
They all tend to boil down to the same general ideas.
Lots of tombs = more loot to steel.
Lots of enemies = more XP
Looking for a certain item = use the Wiki to find where it drops.

Neponde

With cerain classes, the orc king is a great level 9-14 blitz. A lot of gold from his drops, lots of small health potions, and xp is very good too. Diminishing returns about level 13.

JediNxf7

I would love to know where people grinding in the endgame just for fun go for maximum xp/hr

I have a Staff Summoner mage so the Ark is very easy, the enemies are all high xp, and being a master of electricity in both attack (tesla rod) and defense (resistance from most of the gear that's already best anyway, mage armor, summoning either sparklers or iron golems), it seems the natural choice. but it gets boring and repetitive, and the enemies aren't actually that numerous, and the loot once you've gotten the best ark stuff is mostly just replenishing already huge amounts of batteries and health thingies..

The sewer of horrors is more challenging, but offers frequent scrolls of greater wisdom and I am told a tiny chance of tolassian tomes from red dragons (I'll believe it when I see it!). I'm not sure the XP/hour is actually as high as the ark, though. it might be, if I keep reloading the middle level much as I would keep reloading the top level of the Ark (which whike a little less enemy dense than the basement, is easier/faster to clear, has the battle Droid, and doesn't need me to replace a 2 int/xp increasing tiara with mere goggles for anti rad).

Parts of the tomb of sleepers seem like a great way to grind XP by killing Old Ones (but even at high level going through the entire tomb is not super easy without a companion ruining your xp/hr)!

Alternatively is there a place where farming emeralds is so efficient that it can be considered part of the xp/hr since you can stockpile them for a huge Lamth deposit wearing max Int/wisdom gear and with a scroll of Greater Wisdom in effect? (basically if I were optimizing xp/hr I would include each emerald farmed as having the value of 1/10 of an XP boost.) maybe that makes the Forbidden Pit a candidate between the Dark Presence, Greater Shadows, to a lesser degree other enemies, and a decent chance of emeralds from some of them?

is it possible some spots are just so crawling with enemies (like the wolf, warg and werewolf infested part of the undergrove, or even the werewolf/white wolf concentrations in Iross or the wolf concentrations in the Wyvern mountains) that they give higher xp/hr than these more upscale endgame locations?

I feel like when all is said and done the Ark might be my best bet, but it does get stale. and I want to get to a fairly ridiculous level so I can max out more skills and a couple of traits. (I'm at 29, I'm not sure I'll be satisfied before 40 lol and even that is making some concessions to reality).

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
is it possible some spots are just so crawling with enemies (like the wolf, warg and werewolf infested part of the undergrove, or even the werewolf/white wolf concentrations in Iross or the wolf concentrations in the Wyvern mountains) that they give higher xp/hr than these more upscale endgame locations?

Can't image Iross or Wyvern would be better than the North Crimson Hills speed-loop.

JediNxf7

Can't image Iross or Wyvern would be better than the North Crimson Hills speed-loop.

that's another one I've tried. That ones good for gold and apples, but all I need at this point is XP, I'm almost a millionaire and I don't rly need to buy much anymore. 2500 XP per giant slaughtering run is alright I guess, but I get more than that in the first minute/2 rooms/5 enemies after reloading the Ark. (also there's no real inconvenience to traveling anywhere when you have Gate)

I think you're right that the Crimson Hills giants area beats wyvern and iross. I was just thinking about those because there are heavy swarms of wolves and werewolves in parts of those. actually iross on particular, at least at night when the werewolves are out, adn bearing in mind there is one giant and a couple of corrupted Sabercats near their hangout - actually iross might be even more xp/hr than crimson. not sure.

another thing that I prefer in grinding spots is anything that is longer (but still dense with enemies preferably of higher value) and less monotonous than an efficient but repetitive loop. after all the ark is extremely efficient (if I just keep killing the first 7 enemies and reloading I'll get about 4500XP per reload, probably takes 1 minute or so, so that'd be over a quarter million xp/hr) but do I really want to do that all the time? sewer has more variety.

I wonder if soloing Old Ones is actually the most efficient solution while also keeping things too challenging to be boring. Gotta admit those Rexadon swarms are still sometimes a threat if I try to rush them carelessly, even at level 29 with an iron golem and mage armor and easy mode to help. (I don't claim to be very good at this I just enjoy it lol)