Which skills and traits should i put my stats if im a warrior?

Kudaze Karamas

i use 2 handed weapons because i use grissenda as a tank
Post automatically merged:    

my lvl is 16 and i use three different 2H weapons icy maul cruelty and maul of desecration

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
What level range? Are you planning on Respec-ing later, or want to stay committed to a single development path?

Here's just a conversation starter on a decent base for a 2-H beast.

Traits
Early levels: Focus on STR, END. (Optional: Toss a point into INT 1, AWA 2 to help with secrets, traps.)
Mid-Levels: Once STR 4, END 4, feel encouraged to put more points into INT, PER, AWA, etc to help round out your character.
End-Levels: STR 6 to STR 10, END 4 to END 6 should give you a nice solid combat base. Invest other points how every you like (spoilers or no to seek peaceful ending with final boss).

Skills:
Very Early Levels: Whirlwind 1, Cleave 1, Fury 1, Charge 1.
Early Levels: 2-H Expert, Whirlwind 3, Cleave 2, Fury 2. Optional Charge 2 or Charge 3.

Mid-Levels (joining guild)
Mid-Levels: Battle Rage 1, Heavy Hand 1,
Later Levels: Body Development 3

Round out your build based on player preference.

Plenty to choose form.

Note: Overall, Whirlwind is more useful for combat, but getting at least Charge 1 is nifty. Charge can take you across traps without getting damage. Having both Whirlwind and Charge can help escape getting cornered, help breakthrough mobs to get to healers in the back (kitties and their witches comes to mind). Charge can be tricky to aim, but once you get the hang of it, it can be quite useful.

Atomos

If you plan on getting the peaceful ending of the main quest line, get some stat raising equipment, and try to reach: INT 5 and PER 3 at the end of Shards of Fate, AWA 5 in the last level, INT 5 and PER 5 during the final confrontation.
You might be interested in these lists:

For fighting, your priorities should look something like this:
1. Two handed expert, Fury, Cleave skills, maybe Charge I
2. END 4 and Battle Rage and Body Development
3. STR 4 and Heavy Handed

These are the basics of a good Warrior with 2h weapons. Things to consider:
4. If you have good reputation with Varannari, then get Beast master skill, an least I. For little investment it gives a good damage boost against many enemies, and allows you to summon a little helper against bosses, or a meatshield that you can use to cover your retreat.
5. PER 2 and Duel - it's a good damage boost, and combines well with Cleave and Flurry, but requires you to stay engaged.
6. High level Whirlwind and Charge skills - very good with high base damage. Disengages you from your opponent, which might be good or bad, depending on your intentions and skills.
7. Massive Criticals, INT 1, AWA 1, and Precision Strikes - good damage boosts. When both are on III level, and combined with Cleave, you can mow down groups of enemies. It's better for 1h though
8. AGI 6 and Flurry - The whole thing requires huge investment, and might leave you impaired in STR and END department. AGI helps with traps, armor, and some quests. Flurry is an excellent damage boosting skill, that combines well with everything except Whirlwind and Charge.
It also helps evading explosions from dying enemies, since you can start running away sooner.
9. INT 3 and Magical Training. Rarely used, but it's priceless when you need to use a Scroll of Circle of Restoration.
10. Any leftover skill slots could be dedicated to Bloodlust or ward skills (most useful ones would be: fire, spirit and shock)

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
2H XP asap. Otherwise you have to decide your play-style, do you want to stack passives or use actives? Both are perfectly valid. Even with passives a point of Charge lets you discharge traps, help outrun mobs. etc. But Cleave, Fury, Heavyhand, Duel, (leastly: Criticals/Strikes) all stack plus the basically essential BodyDev of course. Battle Rage tags onto Fury for a stun shaker. Otherwise you can can get beastly damage with Whirlwind and it combos well alternating with Charge. If you're playing with actives ignore Duel as you'll keep resetting the count, but the rest of the other mention passives are worthy.