Character you hated in game?

Invector

"I've passed all the challenge Varranar gives to me. I also slayed countless monsters and dragons with my pure strength. But I still can't push an NPC off a bridge. 🙁
There is one way to do it, and as far as I can tell it's the ONLY way to do it. A Warrior using "Charge" can shove NPCs around, including off a bridge. But I'd still rather be able to crush their skulls. 🙂

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
In theory, save&exit and then reopening the game should have them back in the spawn point, which isn't at the bridge. It's something I did in the code in one of the last updates. Doesn't it work?

Invector

In theory, save&exit and then reopening the game should have them back in the spawn point, which isn't at the bridge. It's something I did in the code in one of the last updates. Doesn't it work?
I was fairly certain that save & exit hadn't worked for me in the past, but not entirely sure. So for the past week I've been roaming around hoping to run into a bridge-blocker, and just now I did. I've got the three Varannari wolf-pelt buyers near the bridge on the Imperial Coast. One of them is blocking the bridge and hasn't moved for 20 minutes (real time). I have saved and exited the game several times without effect. I also ran off the map to the Nilomar Cape, saved, exited, and reloaded there; and when I got back to the bridge that doofus was still standing in the same spot.
So to answer your question definitively---no, it doesn't work.
Now if you'll take a break from Archaelund and write some code for EK allowing me to crush this guy's skull it will be much appreciated. ;)