Guide Gold for the IM Rogue, please?

User guide, walktrough, instructions how to do something...
I'm always out of gold in Iron man but too lazy(and scared) to grind too.

Playing Rogue on IM right now. (LVL. 8/ Early Game)
Too scared to grind in Maze of Lamth because I'm scared of traps.
Too scared to grind in North Sagar( Wyvern Mountains, my fault) too because I might get fricked by wolves.
Too scared to grind in some Tollasian Tombs because of the traps too.
Too scared to grind in Urzuganar because of the deadly bash by Orcs.

Do I need to man up or just throw it? Any tips?

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Don't you have pretty okay Awareness for Traps?

You might want to learn the Maze trap layouts from the Wiki, that will help.

North Sagar Wolves should be relatively easy, just be careful not to get packed and flanked. Keep all Pelts until random encounter.

VDX_360

Staff member
Easy: Stop Planning Ironman.

Hard is the same game as Ironman, just without the perma-death. You can do everything to avoid dying without the steep penalty for a simple error.

Other than that, see above comments.

Atomos

Learn evasion, be generous with potions when needed, start making small donations at the shrines, and maybe raid some tombs? Once you start getting tolassian chain armor, you shouldn't be squishy anymore

p4ran0id

Staff member
I recommend you to do a hard run first and play it like Ironman (try not to die).

You need lot of practice before going for Ironman, before first try I did several runs and tried different strategies and co. And my first Ironman run was still pain, died over 8 times before I finished it first time

Atomos

With Magical training skill you can use scrolls of circle of restoration to raise your companions during the fight. Devourers drop paralysing daggers, two levels of Body development will seriously boost your survival rate. You can also resort to hit&run tactics with some skills and/or potions of speed. Kite your enemy until evasion cools down, and use whatever healing/buffing stuff you can. For tough non boss fights, summoning a wolf from a scroll helps just a little.
I assume you know how to make a backup for your saved games?
Any questions?