How to? About some quests...

How to do something?

kr_harvino

I'm nearing the endgame now, and i still have some quests to complete before i plan to complete all 12 shards. But im confused how to do them since all of them have really good reward options. I'm a level 22 Mage, running gris and hirge as companions on rotation.

1) First of all, Dead God. Should i give the crown to Tol or to the bishop? The ring looks good, but so does the extra skill point...

2) Should i kill the flame prophet or the undermother? Or should i kill both? I know unweakened undermother is hard, but i dont know how good ger drops are...

3) Lastly the minotaur king's quest. Im thinking whether i should do the quest at all, since i can get all the items by just killing them. But I'm confused whether i should do that or have the priest craft a ring instead...

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Here's what I personally do with a mage:

1) Give Crown to Tol. An extra skill point is priceless!!! The Bishop's Ring is good for a cleric, but a mage will want the rings from the Ark instead.
2) Kill both Flame Prophet and Undermother. The prophet's Flame Pendant is great for the occasional swim in lava, and the Undermother's Hide is the mage's best armor. There's no downside to killing them both, you get both rewards.
3) Have the Minotaure Priestess craft your ring, then insult the Minotaure King and kill them all! It's the best outcome possible, you'll get everything. Just talk to the king after you got all you wanted from the Priestess.

Obviously, my suggestions are purely based on power. Morally, it's super evil loll.​

kr_harvino

Thanks a lot for the reply!
1) So is it not worth to get the bishop ring for hirge?
2) is the undermother's hide better than endgame mage armor?
3)which ring should i get the priest to craft?

VDX_360

Staff member
It looks like a lot of your questions can be answered by looking at the Wiki.

The Undermother's Hide has the highest physical defense for armors a mage can equip. The Ark (aka Endgame) mage armor has higher shock resistance. But, once you get all end game stuff, you'll have plenty of shock resistance.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
1) The Bishop Ring for Hirge is awesome, yes. It's a tough choice. But an extra skill point for a 20+ level mage can make a huge difference. (You should be careful not to rely too much on your companion: there is an important part of the game, towards the end, the hero needs to go through alone...)

2) The Undermother Hide has an armor rating of 5, so it's the best for a mage, yes. The Thuramiam Plate Armor and the Ark's robes have better bonuses and resistance, but have a lower armor rating of 4. (They're all excellent by the way. It really depends on the look you prefer: robe, leather or metal! My favorite is the Thuramiam armor, because it looks badass loll. But we need to kill Valeran to get this armor, and Valeran is a nice guy, I don't recommend killing him on your first run. Pick the Undermother Hide.)

3) I always pick Ring of the Bull, since the Ring of Holiness is usable only by clerics. Unless you really want it for Hirge. (PS: If you choose to get the Bishop Ring from the Crown of Tol's quest, the Ring of Holiness becomes mostly useless.)

kr_harvino

Thanks a lot! That cleared my doubts.

I guess i'll give the crown to Tol, that way i can get body development 3 lol.
As for undermother i think i'll leave her alone and kill just the flame prophet... I prefer the robe look for the mage rather than leather😂😂.
i guess the ring of the bull ia better too since it can be used by me as well as companions like gris.

But as you said i am a bit too dependent on companions since I'm very squishy when by myself. I have the golem of course but i cant keep him up all the time, 80 mana is expensive...

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Yes.
It will be difficult.
Ridiculously so loll.
But I've done it a bunch of times with mages, so it's possible!

The Undermother is among the most powerful entities on Varannar! Once you beat her, you'll know you can beat the whole game.

Bring lots of Scrolls: Circle of Restoration, a few Potions of Lesser Restoration, and a bunch of elemental summoning scrolls too. Her bite will paralyze you, so don't let her near you! Always keep a summon and a companion between you and the Mother, and use the scrolls to keep them alive! And keep in mind that she's immune to all elemental damage except Toxic. It's going to be a long fight!

Good Hunting!​

VDX_360

Staff member
By the end game, the Ring of the Bull becomes a useful Ice Ring to swap out when ever you need ice protection. Helpful but not overpowering.

The Ring of Holiness is a bit more tricky. If you want it for the stum immunity, than you give up the ability to wear another Ring of Resistencia. There are times when you really want that extra element resistence, and there's time you might like stun immunity.

So there's no real wrong choice there, unless you playing without a Cleric. Obviously don't get cleric stuff for someone not in your party.

---ALSO---

You suffer Negative Reputation and Loss of Alignment every time you read a post by @Apocalypse His ideas are so dark, they corrupt your soul just by reading them. Ever the Magister was like, "Whoa, slow your roll. World destruction is one thing, but jeeze....." Plus, I hear he runs an illegal Dimensional Parasite breeding business. It's mail-order. Just open up a gate, pay your 50,000 gold coins, and poof, he sends one right through.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
*Sips tea and speaks with British accent*

It appears my devious scheme has been exposed... @VDX_360, I shall send a thousand Horrors pee in your backyard! Your home shall reek of Dimensional Urine for a century at least!!!

Embrace the dark side, @kr_harvino, and buy this lovely Horror larvae for only 6,666 gold!