Game keeps crashing in southern blue mist river orc dungeon

Platform
iOS

Varex52

Every time I try to leave the southern blue mist river dungeon uzanagar or somethings lair my game crashes and I have to repeat my quest again and I’ve reloaded my game and turned my phone off and on again and still it remains

p4ran0id

Staff member
Did you try to reduce the volume to 0 and try it again? Ios has some weird bugs

VDX_360

Staff member
This may be a rare, but known bug with Apple. See here for a previous thread on the matter.

Try completing turning off the sound and see if that helps.

There are a few places in the game where the map changes during a dialogue option (Magistrate is the big one). Sometimes Apple doesn't like to do a map change. A bit complicate of a reason why. Completely turning off the sound seems to help.

For your exact situation, can you give more details? Do you have the Prisoner with you when you try to leave? Does the game crash is you use a Scroll of Recall?

Apple's legendary issue with small, independent developers is the driving reason the Apple store doesn't have the most recent updates on the game. Quite simply, Apple doesn't place nice with independent developers and there's a ton of coding issues stemming from that choice. EK is far from the only game with increasing compatibility issues with Apple newer versions.

VDX_360

Staff member
Very, over simplified, part of the problem is that Apple mobile software likes to shut down apps that have a spike in RAM use. So when the game is trying to switch maps in a dialogue, or with an quest update (say with an rescued NPC in tow), that can cross that invisible line. It's a memory management issue that is not unique to Apple, but Apple prioritization of other Apple products tends to make third party apps the first to force close (i.e. crash), even if the app is running normally.

Closing apps running the background, turning off app permissions to monitor everything you do, and only running minimal apps can all help as well.

A lot of Apple official apps have prioritization for RAM. Apple will shut down your heartbeat before it closes it's consumer information gathering apps.

Varex52

That makes a lot of sense as to why a lot of games on iOS are really buggy, appreciate the help really getting into the game it’s the first time I’ve played an old school rpg and it’s awesome, thanks a lot