Bug Tol' s skill points and level up

Something doesn't work as it should
Platform
Steam

Clash

Hello. I completed Dead God quest so I had 10.000 XP and the skill point. The XP made me go the next level. So I expected to have 3 skill points, ordinary 2 + 1 bonus.
instead, I had only 1 skill point.

So I lost 2 skill point.

I came back to the saving before quest Dead God. I levelled up and then completed quest. Anyway, that seems a bug.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hmmm.... that seems like a bit of a hiccup...

Do you have a save state prior to talking to Tol?
Can you send a screen shot of the combat log showing the quest completion, level up, skill points etc assigned?

Clash

Mmmh, I fear I have no more that save. My fault.
Just my word... But I swear it happened. It was in the passage to level 19. I had 3 traits points but only 1 skills points. I play on Steam.

VDX_360

Staff member
I did a test. Getting the trait point triggered a level up. All went well. I also have memories of it working correctly on a previous playthrough.

One idea to kick around: Are you sure you leveled up? Did you get the level up bit, or are you going off the rounded XP on the main screen?

Clash

I did a test. Getting the trait point triggered a level up. All went well. I also have memories of it working correctly on a previous playthrough.

One idea to kick around: Are you sure you leveled up? Did you get the level up bit, or are you going off the rounded XP on the main screen?
Hello. I am sure I leveled, I got the 3 trait points. But only 1 skill points.

My bad, I had to keep the save. :-/

p4ran0id

Staff member
Small advice for future, if something like that happens, make an export to file first, even before leaving the area. That helps a lot for finding the problem