How can I lose everything?

Platform
Android

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
This is a reverse support question.
Everything works fine, but I'd like to trigger a bug!

I heard there used to be a bug that would reset the whole character (gold, level, XP, equipment), but not quests and reputation. Anyone knows how to trigger that reset bug? Or in which version the bug used to exist? I'd like to turn my old level 40 mage and get to play again with him! I'd start at level 1 in Icemist and be an Arcane Knight right from the start :) Not sure if it's possible though.

VDX_360

Staff member
@Apocalypse . discussing game hacks, exploits, and cheats is a no-no on this forum. You know that.
Let's not open the door on a flood of How To posts about modifying save files.

As for the exact issue you reference, that stemmed directly from improperly edited game files using various soft ware. There was quite the headache with players complaining "I hacked my game and now it's not working right." The irony was lost on them.

Just a start a new game, and think of it as starting as an Arcane Squire.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I know I know, but I don't want to cheat, I want to make the game harder! What's the opposite of an exploit... An "inploit"? Lol

But seriously, it makes sense now. I've seen a bunch of people complaining about this but I couldn't understand on what version, it was murky. So that's why! Indeed, the irony is THIIIIICK lollll

Alright, I'll get back to my "Arcane Squire".
I'm keeping that name btw lollll It's perfect! ;)
My current mage-warrior just became an Arcane Knight at level 8. I was trying to make it at level 7, but now I think level 8 might be the earliest possible because of all the XP gained from the Cold Trail quest

VDX_360

Staff member
Want to make the game harder?

Just don't use level up trait points or skill points.

Just use what you start with (what you have to use).

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Well I almost did that loll

My Loreseeker challenge was... limited lolll. It was essentially a weak mage without spells in a green shirt. The build had to max out all general skills before learning any other, had to put traits in AWA and INT, and couldn't spend gold outside of the student budget! It had a Harry Potter vibe lolll

Obviously the goal was not to beat the whole game, but to pass the Loreseeker school's exams. But this challenge was the hardest game I've ever played in EK! And surprisingly the most fun I've ever had with this game :D

If you ever feel up to the challenge...
'MAGE CHALLENGE: The Loreseeker School for Nerds!'

p4ran0id

Staff member
@Apocalypse "It had a Harry Potter vibe lolll"

Ever thought about Harry Potter? That story is about a guy who quit school before exams to go on a killing spree... 😏

He never finished school!