How to? Has anyone ever created a "bad cleric"?

How to do something?
Status
Not open for further replies.

mashedpotatogin

@mashedpotatogin (just realized what your name means while typing it lollll)

What's this Thuram "hero reputation glitch" you mentioned?
Honored to have my name mean anything haha. Anyways, since the recent update around last year. When A Mad Wizard quest is opened with Adaon ass a companion, Janod is supposed to deduct the reputation, marking you a bandit to the Thuram territories. But if you quicksave after the deduction and then reload a save, you get no loss in reputation. Doing the quest the good way will give you +40 reputation. This was to recoup the reputation loss, but because there's actually no reputation loss you gain the hero status, resulting in you being avle to get the advanced skills offered by the wizard's guild that is normally for +7 reputation pretty early game which is great especially for mage's running mage barrier. But now you are just heroic for returning a stolen item.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Honored to have my name mean anything haha. Anyways, since the recent update around last year. When A Mad Wizard quest is opened with Adaon ass a companion, Janod is supposed to deduct the reputation, marking you a bandit to the Thuram territories. But if you quicksave after the deduction and then reload a save, you get no loss in reputation. Doing the quest the good way will give you +40 reputation. This was to recoup the reputation loss, but because there's actually no reputation loss you gain the hero status, resulting in you being avle to get the advanced skills offered by the wizard's guild that is normally for +7 reputation pretty early game which is great especially for mage's running mage barrier. But now you are just heroic for returning a stolen item.

WHAAAAAAAT?
Seriously?
I love that glitch!
Have to try it now :D

Entering Icemist is always my first priority as a mage, but it's impossible to do it before level 7. Now this means we can get into Icemist as soon as we get Adaon!!!

I wonder how early we can defeat the werewolf to get the orb though...
Post automatically merged:    

Just tried it.
Didn't work.

Got -40 rep, quicksaved and reloaded, and still at -40. :(

Last edited:

mashedpotatogin

O
WHAAAAAAAT?
Seriously?
I love that glitch!
Have to try it now :D

Entering Icemist is always my first priority as a mage, but it's impossible to do it before level 7. Now this means we can get into Icemist as soon as we get Adaon!!!

I wonder how early we can defeat the werewolf to get the orb though...
Post automatically merged:    

Just tried it.
Didn't work.

Got -40 rep, quicksaved and reloaded, and still at -40. :(
Oh dear sorry to hear that are you using apple or android? Also i forgot to add that you can't Icemist that early. You still need to do their wizard guild quests. Well hope it works out somehow!

VDX_360

Staff member
@mashedpotatogin , @Apocalypse : Just a reminder talking about game exploits and cheats is a no-no on the forum. For a third offense we send you to the Forum Arena where you have to fight the Forum Troll with only a goblin shiv.

For clarity, anytime you close a game during a quest update, weird things can happen. That is not unique to any single quest, or to this game. The quick save action can occur after the quest log has been updated, but before the effect of the update is added. That can result in situations when you re-load, you have a quest triggered, but not trigger effect. That can apply to quest-locked doors, negative reputation, etc. It's a nuanced issue that can be difficult to repeat, and requires actions to occur within the unseen code lines. Sometimes the window is milliseconds.

I am only explaining the phenomenon in more detail to address the glitch, broken-code aspect of the matter.

Just don't quick save, or exit a game while updates are happing.

Status
Not open for further replies.