Tom of Imperial Geography

TheNativeJim

I looked on the wiki and searched the forums on where to find this. I can't ask for rumors because they're all out in 3 cities closest to me. Any suggestions? How about for the second tome also?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Townhall quest items appear in random locations each time, it's impossible to know without rumors. But they always appear in one of the many fixed Townhall quests locations, so it's possible to go and look for it at those spots. I've done it a few times. Do you at least know in what region it's supposed to be?

PS: if you have enough time left, you can always rest a day and new rumors will be available once more.

Atlas1095

I love town hall quests and one of my goals in each new game is to do all of them. I’ve found that they stop generating at 158. They are good for XP and higher value loot.

Don’t start more than one or two at a time. Try to stick to the same target areas. As Apocalypse says, you will learn the standard locations eventually and then you can go to them even without hearing the rumors first. Skip the really short 2 and 3 day quests until you have opened up all areas of the game and are familiar with the typical quest locations. The quests do not have to be done in any particular order. They will keep generating. You do the ones that seem convenient. No need to take on quests in unknown regions either. Once the full map is explored, I think you’re always told the target area. I’ve never had the game not give me enough information to find the quest objective in sufficient time to complete it, as long as I am careful about taking on the quests and nit taking on too many at once.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Ah! @Atlas1095, it appears you don't play mages!
I almost always play mages.
Which means I can teleport!!! :p
Mouhahaha Townhall Quests can be completed in a flash when you can teleport loll (at a sufficiently high level, of course). I usually accept all quests available at the townhall, sometimes even 5 or 6.

But for ordinary, non-teleporting muggles like you, forced to actually walk... it must take a while...

*Arrogant wizard laughter*

*POP!*

(Teleportation sound)

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Scrolls are for weaklings.
Real adventurers learn spells.

I will free my fellow wizards from the sewers of Icemist.
And together we will conquer Varannar.
You earth-bound muggles will bow to our magical superiority!

*Insane Wizard Laughter*

Atlas1095

Oh sure, I use those scrolls. You need them for parts of the game. The pink ones are useful because you can choose your destination, but expensive, so I don't bother with them until later in the game when I've amassed a lot of coins. I'll use the scrolls more frequently as I'm getting near the end, just to speed things up. But for most of the game I don't mind walking between locations, because you earn XP and loot along the way by fighting monsters and cleaning out dungeons. I tend to do a lot of grinding, both to build up my warrior and because I just enjoy the graphics and game play.