Need help with character development game

Just noob

Hello everyone, as the title of the topic implies, I don’t know what to do in the game, my robber reached level 9 in 11 hours of play, and I completed 27 quests, I still have 30 to complete, but I don’t know how.
I want to invest 4 free skill points in an advanced skill, but I can't find a guild to level a rogue archer. I explored most of the map, even where the mobs are much stronger than me, and there is nothing for me to do there. The level of mobs and bosses in the dungeons of Lannegar and the outskirts of Garand is 14, although these are only initial locations. I've searched youtube for tips on how to play, but there's nothing good other than farming orcs in Kingsbridge (but I completed the orc quest and now they're not there). I don't want to quit the game after spending so much time on it, but I don't want to play "in pain" either. I hope to hear from the players something that will make me say "damn, how did I not think of this before." In the meantime, I have to put the game aside. (Level: Intermediate)
"Sometimes what you have learned is useless and you need to reconsider everything you have learned in your entire life".
©Durema Brighthammer (NPC)

VDX_360

Staff member
Congrats! It sounds like you hit the limbo between the early game and the mid-game. It's a vaguely defined place where you are too strong for the early stuff, but not yet ready for the mid-game stuff. It's often due to getting overwhelmed by the world, not knowing where to go, or just needing to tough it out just a little longer.

Feel encouraged. The world will be yours soon.

Let's start with the basics. I'll use spoiler tags for organization.

(Also, if English isn't your first language, or if you are translating this page, let us know. It can help avoid translation errors).

Have you gotten a Companion yet? Adaon, Griss, or Hirge? For Griss you just need to find a ring and give it to her. She'll join you. See A Warrior's Honor.

It sounds like you completed Fort Assault. Completing Fort Assault quest will let you take on the Bullfighting Quest at New Garand. Did you save the prisoner from the orcs? See Prisoner of Orcs.

Did you talk to the magistrate in New Garand. There are a few ways to find him. See A key to the past.
Completing the Unknown Dungeon will open up other quests (namely A key to the past.
That will also give you access to the New Garand Sewers, which will allow you to unlock access to the Theives Guild.

Have you completed a quest for Hirge yet? You find her in the desert. Agree to help retrieve a lost holy item. Hunt for it in the nearby crypt. See Restoring the Faith.

VDX_360

Staff member
Since you didn't say exactly where you are stuck (exact quest), or share your character build, it's not possible to give exact advice, hence the general ideas.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Hi!
This game is huge, you can easily spend a 100 hours questing and farming to defeat bosses and discover story elements, save the world and all that. Can you tell me where you are in the game right now?
- Do you have a companion?
- Did you visit Magister Odo Steinz?
- Did you find Tremadan's Tower?
- Have you started The Shards of Fate quest?

For a rogue archer, the best guild to join is the Seventh House. It's the thieves guild, they can teach you excellent advanced skills. The warrior's guild also has a few good advanced skills you could learn even if you're not a member.

The Seventh House's headquarters are hidden in the sewers below New Garand, and they also have a secret hideout in Freetown. To join the guild, get Adaon and go explore the sewers below New Garand. You'll find them!

If you need a good farming spot, I recommand exploring the Minotaur Maze, just North of the town of Jabal, in Mercia. It's a good challenge at your level. And there is my favorite bow down there, hidden in a dragon's treasure, the legendary Wyrmslayer bow! The minotaur king has a very nice cape too... Loll

Just noob

Thanks for your answers, I had to send a screenshot of my character right away, I demonstrate: (I can’t send from the device)

Options:
Agility - 3
Attention - 5
1 free point.

Skills:
Archery - maximum
Evasion - maximum
Trap - 1/3
4 points free

Other:
Attack power - 14-19
Armor - 11
Poison Resistance +45%
Corpses + 15%
Fire +20% (situational)

Answers on questions:
1. I am using a tank companion that I got in the north of the Blumist River.
2. I didn't pass the "prisoner of the orcs" quest, but I already know how to do it, (I was at the right place but didn't see the dungeon, lol)
3. I really "took my inheritance", and gave the magician the thing that Adaon stole.
4. I found Hirge, but I can’t pull many crypts yet, I need more strength (or can I pick up the item through the mobs and run away?)
5.I don’t understand what tower we are talking about, if this is a place with a teleport for gold, then I visited them all
Put the phrases in the spoiler please.
@Apocalypse thank a lot😎

P.S. everything is very clear with the translation

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Oh so your companion is Grissenda, the warrior. She's very tough with a good shield. Excellent choice!

You say you got your inheritance, and gave back to the magician what Adaon stole. I believe you're talking about Janod, the "Mad Wizard" in Kingsbridge. To clarify, this magician has nothing to do with your inheritance. But it means you have found Magister Steinz's house in New Garand...

So...

Do you have your inheritance letter in your bag?
If yes, you need to go back to the Magister's house with your letter. You'll find the key to Tremadan's Tower.

If you already have the key, then you need to find Tremadan's Tower. Tremadan was your grandfather, you never knew him but he was very rich and very famous! Some libraries have information about him...
Post automatically merged:    

PS: There are 3 companions in the game: Grissenda, Adaon and Hirge. You can only have one companion at a time, but it's fun to spend some time with each one. Each companion has their own special quests too!
- Adaon can be found in New Garand near the West gate.
- Once you complete Hirge's quest, she will go to New Garand and hang out with the priest by the altar of The Three.
- Grissenda hangs out in Kingsbridge when she's not with you.

Last edited:

Arcanmaster

Agility - 3
Attention - 5
Have you increased only these traits? Bows need more Agility then Awareness(1 damage per Agi point and 1 damage per 2 Awa points). I suggest to have 2 Awa, after you get 6 Agi(without equipment) you may increase Awa to 4 points.
You should increase another traits(for advanced skills or quest options) too, having each trait equal 2 is definitely not a bad idea.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Having a few points in Intelligence and Personality will also give you more dialogue options!

VDX_360

Staff member
For Summary:
It looks like you're going with an Archer Rogue with Griss a companion.
It looks like you need to trigger the Key to the Past quest (have inheritance letter on you when you search the dead magistrate's body in New Garand).

I would encourage to knock out any of the easy quests you have pending that you know how to solve. That will give some extra gold, and extra XP, and you might get an item or two you can use. It will also earn some positive reputation that you might need later.

While Awareness can be useful for Rogues, Agility is a more pressing trait.