Change gmail account, still play the full game?

Platform
Android

Bobby1er

Hey guys.
Bought the game and i think i am close to the end (south map with lava).
But for personal reasons i need to cancel my current gmail account and use another one.
Is there anyway to finish the game on my new gmail ?
Thanks

VDX_360

Staff member
Based on your question, I presume you purchased the game via Google Play?
So, your question falls into the category of how to change what Gmail account is associated with your Google Play account.
And that is best directed to Google.
There seems to be several How To pages on Google for the topic.

Keep in mind that Google, not game developers, control the license process.
(And Apple does the same for the Apple Store.)

VDX_360

Staff member
It's exactly why I like to refer people to the right source rather than just guess. There's just too much every changing info out there.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
And similarly, you shouldn't guess that I guessed rather than asking if I guessed. If I'm wrong on something it's usually because of a misreading of data - not guesswork.

The question is about migration from one Gmail account to another. It wasn't clear if it was just the data or the entire game.

for personal reasons i need to cancel my current gmail account​

It was and remains the case you cannot move purchased good (games, movies, books, etc.) to a new account. I HAD previously researched that.

How i can transfer purchased in another account?
You cannot transfer any Google Play content (apps, movies, music, books, or unspent credits) to another account. Not even if you own both accounts.​

I deleted my post because perhaps adding an account will help with this case, but it does remain the case that a single Gmail account is the "controlled bottleneck" for Play purchases.

VDX_360

Staff member
@stonedwolf , I think your reading a tone that was not intended. for that I owe you a Friguld Rum. My comment is directed at my own pattern, not a comment on you or anyone else. Your post, the one you deleted, was a helpful, and a thoughtful response to a person's inquiry. I appreciate your commitment to keeping the forum an useful resource for players.

Every once in awhile a forum user gets annoyed when I send them to a website rather than tell them the answer -- often it's a question about Google or Apple. Me telling them to go look up the answer at the other website isn't blowing them off, it's just being mindful my own best response , no matter how recently researched, are often outdated guesses. Things can change pretty quickly.