Help with equipment for mage class and gleaning area

Ultra

Hello, I would like to know how and where I can get better equipment for the mage class, I've been using the vitrolo staff (the one you get in the unknown dungeon of the forgotten), and I want to know if there is any staff that is better than that one, and how to get it.
And I also want to know which is a good farming area, I'm level 14 and I don't know where I can farm without getting killed.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
There isn't a "high class" Stave/Wand guide because there is only one table for each.

Click to sort by DPS. As you see, Vitriolic is #14 on a table of #17

There's a very easy lootable Staff of Storms (#12) in the Abandoned Tower.

You might do Maze of Lamth for a XP & gold run. Their Shamans drop the Staff of Mighty Missiles (#11) (you can also buy it!).

Magma Greatstaff is dropped by Dragons (including Rumour Bosses), Liches First Winter (including Rumour Bosses), Lady of the Night quest nets you a key that leads to Staff of Dead Kings, Adaon's quest nets you Staff of Wonders, etc., just read up on each Staff on the list that is better than you.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Here are my favorite mid-game staves. At level 14, you should be able to get them quickly without too much trouble! And don't be fooled by the DPS ratings. The best staves are the ones that deal exclusively pure elemental damage. Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic and should be flushed down the sewers of Icemist. ;)

FIRE
First, go buy a Caldeceus of Scorching from Trader Pink in New Garand (the merchant where Adaon hangs out). It's basic, but fire is good against most opponents and it deals pure elemental damage.

COLD
Second, go inside the Imperial Fortress on the Steel Coast, in the section inhabited by Batrax. There you will find a smaller section filled with dangerous paralysing Carrion Eaters. There's a skeleton on the ground holding a very good staff of pure cold elemental damage that can stun opponents, the Staff of the Seas.

DEATH
The third staff I suggest you get is the Tolassian Greatstaff. It deals pure death damage, it's powerful, but a bit harder to find. You'll need to farm inside Irazur Tomb, in the Inori Desert. There's a chance the staff will appear in one of the 4 sarcophagi North of the tomb. Be patient, it could take a while before you find one, but it's an excellent farming location anyway so you'll amass gold and xp while looking for the staff.

With these 3 you should be good to go!
Later on, you'll need to go hunt for dragons and liches for top-tier staves. But start with these first!
Post automatically merged:    

PS: For farming at your current level, I recommand hunting the white wolves in the Wyvern Mountains, near Whitetower. They're worth a lot of XP, and you can sell their furs to Varannari hunters for 150 gold each. You'll get rich in no time! And since it's not inside a dungeon, you can save often so it's safe.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
My go-to mid-game staves for a staff mage are:
Staff of Storms: no mana cost, stun chance, okay damage. Click link to see where to find it.
Caduceus of Scorching: tiny mana cost, pure fire damage. Clink link to see where to buy it.

Using the Staff of Storms as a go-to weapon keeps mana use down. Swapping out to the Caduceus of Scorching does more actual damage against most enemies (resistant varies) and can kill trolls.

Basic Minotaur's have no fire defense, so the fire staff does full damage.

VDX_360

Staff member
You asked about staff locations, so that's the answer I offered. However, at Level 14, a well built mage should have turned the corner on being squishy. There might be a small change here or there that could make your mage more effective.

Would you care to share your build?