Is level 13 too low for fighting Ancient Mummies?

Rachel

I am trying to complete a town hall quest (Find holy relic: Remains of Saint Ladia) and the Ancient Mummies in the northeast area of Azagul Tomb are killing me. I suppose it's the poison gas that doing it? If I try to run by them they eventually swarm me. My buddy Grissenda can kill maybe one before she gets killed and then I'm on my own. I keep thinking that town hall quests won't be too hard, since I get them in areas where I have managed to survive, yet I've probably failed to accomplish more than half of them before they expire. It's discouraging! I'm playing in "casual" mode, by the way. Sarcastic air quotes around "casual."
Post automatically merged:    

Never mind. The problem, as usual, was the fact that I panic and run around like a chicken with its head cut off when I encounter a bunch of tough enemies. I was able to clear the area by doing one or two at a time and retreating. Also, using shielding potions on Grissenda and using my shielding ability.

Last edited:

Arcanmaster

Take toxic resistance equipment, step back to not be in toxic cloud, it doesn't move. So you won't fight in it getting more damage. If you are mage obviosly take fire staff / wand, mummies are vulnerable to fire.

VDX_360

Staff member
Yep, taking out one or two at a time is the way to do it.

A common tactic is to step away from the mummy just as the poison gas starts to appear. That way the mummy chases you, leaving the gas cloud behind. For melee attackers, it becomes a rather straight forward approach.

For ranger attackers, it's important to make sure you have room to run to keep away from both the mummy and the cloud --- a lot harder to do with 4 or 5 of them at once.

Other tips:
1) Doorways, or objects to snag the mummy's pathfinding AI. Anything that gets them to have to pause for a bit can give you a precious second to move. Just don't let them start to regenerate if they get blocked off from you.

2) A basic summon wolf can distract the mummies long enough for you to retreat to a better position. It won't last long, but it can help prevent getting pinched in a group. (Warrior Skill Whirlwind / Charge helps, too).

3) Use those toxic resist potions. They help.