Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Has anyone tried to kill the Sleeper god at the end of the Temple of the Sleepers? I saved his life, but I'd really like to know what happens if you try to murder him.

VDX_360

Staff member
Governor's Manor: Very slight oddity. No impact on game play.
Involves the unique troll mercenary in the Governor's home in Friguld.
The "regeneration" line doesn't appear when the mercenary troll is killed with a non-fire blow. The troll will still regenerate per normal. Just don't get the text. In addition, Companions appear not to attack the dead body. Typically, Companions continue to attack a dead troll that's regenerating.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
That's an error @MikeB . It works on killed enemies, not per hit. Fixing the files.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Governor's Manor: Very slight oddity. No impact on game play.
Involves the unique troll mercenary in the Governor's home in Friguld.
The "regeneration" line doesn't appear when the mercenary troll is killed with a non-fire blow. The troll will still regenerate per normal. Just don't get the text. In addition, Companions appear not to attack the dead body. Typically, Companions continue to attack a dead troll that's regenerating.

I assume it has always been that way, because I haven't touched any related code... maybe when things are calm I'll try to check the code to find the reasons.

Snacc

There are 5 purple medallions overall, 2 in the Temple, 2 in the City of Ancients and 1 on Azeran.
2 in the city of ancients? I only got 1 from the hidden door, can you tell me where to get the other one?
Post automatically merged:    

hello I'm just testing this

Sleeper

Does anyone happen to travel to Undergrove without completing Syllara's quest? Were she there?

VDX_360

Staff member
@Sleeper , it doesn't appear you can cross the bridge without completing Lady of the Night in favor of Syllara.

0rion79

Ah... the taste of a fresh new game! I have decided to start over with a new Mage character to test its new options AND to fully enjoy the game with no limits caused by one piece releases after the other every new update.
I realized how HUGE it is, with really plenty of stuff to do and to explore. And some of the hardest moments ever: trolls being so freaking powerful, plus the annoying regeneration; rats and certain undeads randomly respawning behind every corner in the sewers; and much more...

Yet with the mage, every new quest after level 7 looks drastically hard and I keep dying and reloading worst than Dark Souls!
He is too slow to outrun enemies, can't win any 1-vs-1 fight and in so many cases I find my henchmen (starting with Grissenda, but also Hirge and Adaon turn in useless cannon fodder pretty easily).
Now I really don't know where to go, because basically every quest has enemies that I can't win and in many cases I die because:
  • the main character gets stuck somewhere
  • henchmen and minions gets stuck behind him and don't intercept enemies per time
  • henchmen are much weaker than a main character of the same class and therefore have a much lesser impact vs. bosses
  • wand missiles are blocked by walls and corners while the enemies maul my character (es. inside the trolls' den)
  • wands and spells automatically target distant the less appropriate enemies and there is no way to target them properly
  • in some cases, wand missiles don't hit enemies at the very border of the screen, giving them an advantage in some cases
  • and similar little things that all together make the game even harder than it currently is already...
and don't misunderstand me: I LOVE IT! But it is very difficult and I am playing at the easiest level (the new one).
I never had such issue with any other class, not even with a rogue built as an archer.
I don't know if it is the case to make any change to the game balance, yet I find pretty hard to find decent Mage equipment at the earliest stages, both because it is costly, both because it is scarce.
At least I'd like to:
  • have him a slightly faster when moving, to outrun enemies since he runs around with no armor,
  • able to cast missiles with bare hands as if he had just 1-1 damage + INT
  • have companions regenerating HPs when iddle as well (at least at easier level)
  • maybe make his basic minion a bit more sturdy and fight-oriented
Also, I don't know if hireable henchmen are all the same or I just get tricked by their look, yet I believe that we have true melee warriors and rogue-like henchmen that are inded the first ones to die. Would it be possible to turn the latest into archers? At least they would be useful after the very first levels of the game.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
2 in the city of ancients? I only got 1 from the hidden door, can you tell me where to get the other one?
Post automatically merged:    

hello I'm just testing this

Just to clarify about medallions,
there's 2 fixed medallion drops at the end of gate 1 and 3 of Temple of the Sleepers. There's another you can snatch off Azeran. And it's also a random drop in the City of Ancients chests, I don't remember if I made it fixed drop in the city, but I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.