Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Double XP from Rumor Bosses

Green Dragon Saddanilakamir gave two separate XP lines. One for 1063, one for 1673 (final after Companion, XP bonus etc). This has been reported before. I've noticed it on other bosses, too.

Is this expected? Have I just not noticed before?

Sleeper

Double XP from Rumor Bosses

Green Dragon Saddanilakamir gave two separate XP lines. One for 1063, one for 1673 (final after Companion, XP bonus etc). This has been reported before. I've noticed it on other bosses, too.

Is this expected? Have I just not noticed before?
This "double" xp has always been a thing. I thought it was intentional - just some funky way the game calculates total xp from boss with 2 separate values.
The question that bothers me a lot tho Could the missing fourth witch in a Cove with black pool be a Syllara? Could we meet her "in person" and get some loot?
Some suggestion here
Intervention has to be nerfed, on a companion too. It should have a cooldown. This skill makes David's "slothful" pet an easy walk, even on hardest difficulty.

Deleted member 28869

This "double" xp has always been a thing. I thought it was intentional - just some funky way the game calculates total xp from boss with 2 separate values.
I notice this on town hall quests too, or is it just me?
Some suggestion here
Intervention has to be nerfed, on a companion too. It should have a cooldown. This skill makes David's "slothful" pet an easy walk, even on hardest difficulty.
But the paralysis tho, it stops you from chugging mana pots, or I'm just bad at cleric.

Sleeper

I notice this on town hall quests too, or is it just me?

But the paralysis tho, it stops you from chugging mana pots, or I'm just bad at cleric.
There arent that much paralysis enemies in the game, so for most of the game intervention cleric with enough pots is straight up foolproof. Besides, doesnt dying reset paralysis? Just be quick enough to tap into your bag ang chug pots.
Pro tip: Stun immunity iterms halve paralysis time, the ark body armor for Clerics is busted.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Immortal Cleric Build -- based around Intervention, has long been silently powerful.

Intervention 3 with a stack of mana potions can allow even a weaker character to outlast a strong boss. I like the idea of it having a Cool Down to help balance it.

Even Clerics not wanting to go full Immortal Build will find an advantage in Intervention. It's a great safeguard against traps and unexpected attacks.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
At this point, in a 6 year old game, I am not going to introduce game-changing nerfs to any core skills like that. It really serves no purpose in a non-competitive, offline game. If I was still in a Beta? maybe I'd put some limit on it, but right now the best solution for those that think something is too overpowered is: don't use it.

Double XP: I didn't remember, but I checked the code and yes, killing a spawned random boss grants an extra 100 XP/Lvl reward. I suppose the reasoning is that being a fabled monster people talk about, makes a difference from just a regular monster; sort of a mini-quest reward.

Hutremutre

Hello, I would like to propose to introduce into the game more variety in tasks from the town hall, for example, tasks with the delivery of items and accompanying people from one city to another, as well as add more puzzles and think about introducing full-fledged multiplayer RP servers, I see the multiplayer potential in this game, I want to draw your attention to this now when you are working on the finalization of this game

Snacc

is there other way to not provoke the lizard guy ambush? like I can give him some gems so I don't have to kill them? he seems like a good guy.

VDX_360

Staff member
I -think- the fight is mandatory. It seems to work as a gate keeping bit for the area. You have to beat that fight (or just run like crazy). It's a tough fight, too. They may be the most intense enemies in the game at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.