Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

Arcanmaster

Greetings to the abodes of the forum, to which I have a question. Where are the medals for opening the 3 gates?
First is in chest in secret room in lowest part of lannegar mine
Second was dropped after jump on bad hero
Third is in secret room in left part of Temple of sleepers
Fourth is in secret room in right part of Temple of sleepers

Last edited:

0rion79

ah David, so that's where that mission continues! That's why I couldn't find it... damn! :)

VDX_360

Staff member
Just a FYI: Steam just updated to Beta version 1.3.1159. I -think- that's the most current beta fix for Steam.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
1159:

-I made more visible
the runes with the teleport maze solution
, it was not legible on some screens.
-Centurion Hyartis now spawns around Hunting Moon if you completed the quest with that outcome. He's a bit busy so don't expect him to talk too much.
-Reduced mana cost of Deathcloud and Combustion
-Adjusted the Trader Golem INT checks (it was 2/2, redundant. Changed to 1/2)
-Made the Lich-Witches a bit higher in level.
-Other minor stuff.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I am already preparing the files for translations, since I doubt potential issues will end up altering dialogues. I'll make a separate announcement about this, if some of the translation can be made during the testing, all the better.

VDX_360

Staff member
Feedback on Beast Master.

First, it's a great skill. The damage boost is pretty nifty, and for non-magic users, being able to have any type of mid-level summons can be great.

1) Mention it's a Level 10 bear in the description with more accurate statement of what the skill actually does. E.g. "Beast Master: Gain damage bonus against beasts. Summon a Level 10 bear to briefly fight beside you."
2) Change most of the cool downs into minutes for ease of understanding. (Don't make me do math!).
E.g.
Level 1: +2 damage to beasts. Summon a Bear once per day for 30 seconds. Cooldown: 18 minutes.
Level 2: +3 damage to beasts. Summon a Bear twice per day for 1 minute. Cooldown: 9 minutes.
Level 3: +4 damage to beasts. Summon a Bear three times per day for 1 minute. Cooldown: 6 minutes.

Feedback on balance:
1) Make all summon times 1 minute. That will also help with wording.
2) Make cool down times for Level 1, 2, 3 to be 9 minutes, 6 minutes, 3 minutes.

Reason:
1) A 18 minute cool down seems rather excessive since you can only summon it once per day anyways.
2) You can summon the bears once or twice on longer dungeons without standing around.
3) You won't be able to summon a bear more than once in a boss fight (without really trying to break up the fight)

So final thoughts would be for the skill to look like:

Beast Master
Active Skill
Gain damage bonus against beasts. Summon a Level 10 bear to fight for you for one minute.
Level 1: +2 damage to beasts. Summon a Bear once per day. Cooldown: 9 minutes.
Level 2: +3 damage to beasts. Summon a Bear twice per day. Cooldown: 6 minutes.
Level 3: +4 damage to beasts. Summon a Bear three times per day. Cooldown: 3 minutes.

VDX_360

Staff member
Tiny Dialogue suggestion for Centurion Hyartis:

1) When Centurion Hyartis gives you the helmet, you currently state:
"Good, I think you won't need armor or weapons for your future duties"
I -think- the below would be a more on-point and tongue-in-check comment:
"Good, she wants kids so you won't be wearing a helmet of any kind (smile)"

2) When you talk to Centurian Hyartis after the wedding outcome, he rants about his work. I -think- adding the "(Grin)" note would add an affectionate tone to his complaint. That would match the tone set by him and his new wife before the outcome. Little detail that I think would carry a large impact on the flow of the dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.