Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

Davus

Run through the thread - it's all about reputation with Varannari. If you don't have 20+ rep by now - you will not get access to this part of the story.
Shame. There is no repeatable way to raise with Varannari? I already done all of their previus quests and still have only +4 rep with them.

YoloEarnings

I can see how non-stackable items can be a pain with inventory management. Deepfrost Cognac's aren't stackable. Neither are Epic Omelettes. The idea is for really powerful items to be either hard to come by (Lessor Restoration), expensive (Greater Healing), or non-stackable (Deepfrost Cognac). This can be part of the balance of the game.
Problem I see with it is this isn't what I'd consider really powerful and it's as common as potion of heroism? I get 1 giant potion killing all the Giants in forsaken fortress so it's kinda hard to come by in my experience. If it boosted damage by 8 I could see it as non stackable I'd rather use a +6 to str potion before a boss fight than this.
Post automatically merged:    

Is it related to my question too? How do you get a rep of 25?
Do the big bad wolf quest

I've noticed scrolls of detection on hard are not 3 in 4 odds of detecting secrets it's more like 1 in 3

In ark of lothasan it took 5 detection scrolls to get pointy tool so (1 / 4)^5 odds .

Last edited:

0rion79

Do the big bad wolf quest
Did that already. Adding it to the one in Jabal, I reach 21 (with a major loss to Mercia and Jabal). As far as I remember from previous games, I always tried to Help the Varannari tribe and I did my best to increase my reputation with them.
Maybe I can get to 25 by finishing the quest to help the Mercian deserters by bringing 100 wolf skins and then I can do the other 2... yet I would like to trigger the best option that involves a charisma check AND a reputation of 25...

@David, how did you count the reputation threshold needed to trigger these quests?

Commiades

You have to use the sword on the altar again. (Make sure the sword isn't in your bag of holding or equipped by a companion, otherwise it won't work.)
Which altar? The sword's not been in bag of holding when I visited the altar in the cave of the Backwoods Coven. Nothing happened there. I've not seen any other altars.

Last edited:

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Which altar? The sword's not been in bag of holding when I visited the altar in the cave of the Backwoods Coven. Nothing happened there. I've not seen any other altars.
First time you use the sword on the altar in the secret room (with poison cloud) in the Undergrove, the guardian dragon should appear. After defeating it, use the sword a second time on the very same altar. A bridge should appear which leads you to the section with the black pool.

0rion79

Shame. There is no repeatable way to raise with Varannari? I already done all of their previus quests and still have only +4 rep with them.

I have made a test. During the game i already did my very best to increase the reputation with the V. And the first time I meet them my reputation is at 21.
If i talk to their leader and accept the 100 wolf skins challenge to help the Mercians i get a le +2 in reputation with the V, if i agree to slaughter the mercenaries then i get +10 and i can talk to the warrior and the druid, but it really sucks.
@David may you lower the required reputation for the 1st mission only with the V leader from 25 to 21?
That would be more balanced and feasible.

batrachotox

you can get more than enough reputation if you do all the varannari quests
i am the best hunter in the world +3
prisoner of orcs +4
the price of freedom +9
human resources +8
if you give ruun the damaged wolf pelt you get +2
and there's also a new quest father of wolves that gives you +5 i think?
anyway don't expect a peaceful turn of events if you sided with slavery

camp fire dealing damage

Commiades

First time you use the sword on the altar in the secret room (with poison cloud) in the Undergrove, the guardian dragon should appear. After defeating it, use the sword a second time on the very same altar. A bridge should appear which leads you to the section with the black pool.
Thanks. Will need to use some scrolls of detection!

batrachotox

regarding this:
There are no random encounters in the new areas.

Or you mean you don't have any encounters in the old areas either?
just encountered the beggar without having to force the encounter at level 14, story difficulty
so I don't think it's a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.