Recent content by Zanza

1. Z

crash when trying to leave first dungeon - player.log attached

CPU: AMD FX(tm) 8320 black eight-core processor GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 16.0GB of RAM Is it normal to be able to run games like Elden Ring with zero issues but not this game? Not sure if it's just me but this game is extremely unoptimized on my PC. Maybe it was a mistake not setting my...
  2. Z

Is Melee Mage too weak since the latest update?

"mage's armor spell counts radiation damage as an attack, fading earlier than expected." It surprised me as well to learn that glowing orbs could get rid of mage armor when so far any non-physical attack seems to not do so. Might be my imagination as well but it seems to reduce its damage...
  3. Z

Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

Fresh out of Lothasan. Could not find a Ring of the Star Traveller or a Goggled Helmet no matter what 😆 Played the game nonstop starting at level 1 on last week's Tuesday night.
  4. Z

How well do Iron Golem summons fare in Ark of Lothasan?

Well I did it, got the normal mode peaceful ending on day 165 👍 . Spent days 151-161 clearing Bappasalar Cave, Sunken Citadel, finishing Dead God for a Bishop Ring and hunted Wyverntail Complex for Wand of Storms. Ark of Lothasan was much easier as a mage than as a 1h warrior, I can't stress...
  5. Z

About that, do traits from gear actually count towards passing a check? I'm at +4 awa but with Amulet of Dark Whispers it's +6. Also, I'm not sure if PER 5 will be needed since INT 5 works as alternatives according to wiki. I kept around 10 tolassian tomes stored in New Garand house so I have...
  6. Z

😆 Adaon is my least favorite companion but I used to use him purely to find secret doors and traps since my warrior was more brawns than brain. Anyway ty guys, I'll definitely consider those options. Trying to complete under 180 days for achievement and I'm at day 151; just finished collecting...
  7. Z

Are they enough to cheese the enemies there since they have high lightning resist? Just wondering because I might consider a respec once I reach it, since I won't need fireball or ice storm (unless I handle the final boss but I'm going for peaceful ending this time).
  8. Z

Ideal partner for an Arcane Knight built?

Hmm, as a wand user I usually stay away from my enemies while Grissenda fights them. I will be testing the skill as soon as I level up. Death Cloud is another possible spell I'm considering, just need to find Griss a powerful death weapon to take advantage of the subtracted resistance later on.
  9. Z

[Spoilers] About new update (Varannari)

Yeah did that one a while back. It was a nice and simple quest 👍.
  10. Z

Ideal partner for an Arcane Knight built?

Quick question - can combustion replace fireball for an elemental Mage like me? One thing I never liked about fireball is its unreliability in close quarters, often hitting myself with it. What is combustion's range and does it have good AoE? I'll happily respec my skills if Combustion is just a...
  11. Z

New Mage Skills in New Content [spoiler]

Combustion sounds really good. I play an elementalist Mage and I could definitely use an armor/resistance debuff since certain enemies aren't susceptible to spells. Does the debuff last until the enemy dies or something?
  12. Z

Did anyone else get through the game by only quick saving and not normal save?

I find normal save to be slower since you have to open options and also not accidentally save over an important file so I have only been quicksaving. But I wonder if there are situations where it would be a good idea to make a normal save file.
  13. Z

I just noticed I haven't done Human Resources yet (manticores keep scaring me away from Eastern Inori). I hope finishing that will get me to 25 ^_^.
  14. Z

I'm currently at +9 with Varannari, meaning I just need +1 to reach friendly. Sounds like I'll be able to reach +10 if I do Father of Wolves right? Haven't explored the new areas yet but going from level 15 to 16 with my mage due to the update was nice.
  15. Z

Had a dream about a possible backstory for Adaon.

adaon was born to a family of mages. his family was killed by a dragon when he was young. he lived because this dragon was different than others. it was sadistic and could speak, allowing adaon to try as many times as he liked to kill him but no spell of his could damage it no matter how many he...