Recent content by Commiades

1. Commiades

How to? How to make a shield warrior to play in Iron Man?

I've started another 1-h warrior on IM. This time AGI build. The start was a little slow as early weapons are weak, but the Magma Shortsword, Sonnet and Icicle turn things around, and later game weapons are even better - Hunter's Machete, Shadow Blade, Dancing Flame and Nanocarbon Scalpel...
  2. Commiades

Like I said, I'm not disagreeing. I just think the medium weapon sprite looks better! 1688516574 Do you think the extra damage of an AGI build is compensation for losing Infantry Training?
  3. Commiades

I'm not disagreeing, but the medium weapon sprite is the best. Full armour and Kite shield needs a proper sword or axe, not a knitting needle!
  4. Commiades

But he's gone for Infantry Training.
  5. Commiades

Charge 1 and Whirlwind 1 are very helpful, for crossing traps or when surrounded. Agility adds to Armour and increases damage (every second level). If you get a pair of gloves from the Grey Library, 3 is really good. If you want Flurry, 6 is good.
  6. Commiades

What's your favorite and unliked Classes, builds, playstyles and why?

I like all of them. I like Cleric the least. I get bored with it. I also find 1-h warrior a bit dull, and staff mages. My favourite are the stabby rogue followed by the 2-h warrior. Archer rogue is fun too, but more challenging (not so good at kiting). Full sneak attack and stab are awesome...
  7. Commiades

The Saga of the IM Mage

Downstairs with the vampires is ok (if you use the secret doors); it's upstairs with the headless folk that has undone me.
  8. Commiades

Is summoner mage build considered generally better than wand master?

I manage the Ark very well with a wand. It's easy to get very high resistances. And Death Cloud makes it much easier. Golems don't like the downstairs area.
  9. Commiades

Is summoner mage build considered generally better than wand master?

I find wand with Death Cloud very effective. The knockback on a slowed enemy can mean it never hits you. It's a different style from staff and summons.
  10. Commiades

My build

I found Adaon with a bow stunned people advancing into my whirlwind (when he wasn't dying).
  11. Commiades

Pyromancer Mage Challenge!

What's about Death Cloud? That makes wands very effective.
  12. Commiades

Pyromancer Mage Challenge!

I would have got massive criticals with that build (unless it's not permitted). Wand of Power with that is quite effective.
  13. Commiades

Iron Man Rogue

I'd have to live long enough to make an Ankh! Just died walking over a trap in the Maze of Lamth. Was level 7 and doing nicely... And I felt I should have gone to bed while I was ahead... Still learning that lesson.
  14. Commiades

Iron Man Rogue

Having played this game on and off for a few years now the only challenge left for me is Iron Man. Someone in another post described dying in Iron Man as a 'kick in the nuts'. I've got a lot better and can generally get to around level 10 without difficulty, but I'm still dying through silly...
  15. Commiades

Good grinding spots

I quite like doing Town Hall Quests if I'm trying to get some XP and gold. They do scale with your level. Some (Ilmaran and Mercian) can be a bit tricky, but the Varsilian ones are easy and useful.