Recent content by cjonas

1. C

Variety of equipment: appealing but confusing

Alan, Tedious and repeative != Harder. I appreciate the level of challenge this game bring and I wouldn't want to change that. However my issues are with the excessive "grind" (repeative trivial functions a player must perform in order to progress). "Grind" does not add to the player...
  2. C

Variety of equipment: appealing but confusing

I know there is a core group of people who claim there is nothing broken with this games mechanics but come on... This guy takes time to offer valid feedback and it gets dismissed as "you just dont understand the essence of the game". I've seen this over and over on this form and IMO has...
  3. C

Dev Stack?

Just wondering what the dev stack for Exiled Kingdoms looks like? Also, is the release of the IOS version going to slow down your ability to finish the game as now you have to maintain & QA two separate environments? I assume the core of the game is shared between the two?
  4. C

Ancient tolassian skillbook tomes

I agree, especially with the trait points. The way the system is currently designed (where each time you increase a trait, it take more points) it means that your character trail improvement will exponentially slow down as you gain levels... This is a major flaw IMO. Just to geek out... I...
  5. C

Paralyze should not stack

Ironically it is the shielding of the mind quest that has me pitted against them. I've killed about 20 of those suckers and only 1 Chitin Carapace has dropped. Is there anyway to boost your spirit resistance prior to completing that quest? If the drop rate for the Carapace wasn't so high it...
  6. C

Paralyze should not stack

I've found that, even with a moderate resistance of 30, if you end up fighting more than 2 sprint elementals you basicly end up perpetually paralyzed... It would be much less frustrating if you couldn't be paralyzed again when already paralyzed.
  7. C

So...I'd like to complain that new stuff is too good?

I think we're making the same point. Plus the icicle really wasn't that easy to get. I think it could be a bit harder, but I'm level 10 and just barely survived (although I didn't bring any potions). Also, if you were low level, I wonder if the NCP would die fighting the boss. I assume that...
  8. C

Feedback after logging ~ 15hr

That makes sense. The leveling feedback was the lowest on my list for a reason and I think as more items (& features) are added to the game the sense of stagnation I experienced will be greatly reduced. I'm a developer myself, so I didn't really expect that the resting system would change much...
  9. C

So...I'd like to complain that new stuff is too good?

I disagree completely. I'm level 10 and have been very frustrated by the lack of weapon improvements. Was still using the "Sword of Shock" FOREVER prior to getting the Icicle. It did cause my DPS to jump from 15.1 -> 22.2 which seems a bit ridiculous. It would have been nice if there was...
  10. C

Feedback after logging ~ 15hr

So I've now spent a good bit of time in this game (level 9 Warrior, level 6 Rogue) and just wanted to give some general feedback... First off, I want to say that this game is what I've been waiting for in a mobile RPG. It has a mixed feel between Diablo (mechanically) & Baldur's Gate...
  11. C

Storing Last "Safe" save vs quicksave

Wow... I can't believe I missed that. Sorry for the dumb thread.
  12. C

Separating gold from drops

Due to the extreme redundancy in drops (I think that's already be brought up but I'd 1+ on making the drop system more diverse and adding rare drops) I find myself frequently skipping over drops when killing a group of bandits or other common foes. However, by doing this I realize I'm missing...
  13. C

Storing Last "Safe" save vs quicksave

I've noticed that it would be possible to completely screw yourself if you quick saved way out in the middle of nowhere with 0 recoveries or potions left. It would be nice if there was an option to restore from "Last Safe Save" which would essentially just reload the last time you slept in a...
  14. C

Hirelings die too quickly

It would be nice if you could at least give them a potion to heal them. I find myself often having to decide if I should use my "Recovery" often when I have full health but they are badly damaged (or just let them die).