What's your favorite Mage Build?

Your favorite Mage build?

• Pyromancer. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cryomancer. Even if the temperature is Sub-Zero, the cold doesn't bother you, anyway.

• Venomancer. Lest you be as toxic as your magic is.

• Other. I ain't got no idea how creative y'all can be.

• Total voters

IAmOdie

I personally haven't tried other Mage builds, and have almost finished the story with a Stand User Pure Summoner build where I have Firehouse Fire Elemental, Ice Cube Ice Elemental, and Iron Maiden Iron Golem as my Stands summons.

VDX_360

Staff member
The list doesn't really define each build, and the vague terms don't apply to how most players refer to build types. Seems the list is merely choosing a word salad. So, might as well toss in "mage that goes blurp blurp"

In general, a few of the common mage builds are defined by weapon type (Staff, Wand, Arcane Knight) than by either a focus on Spells, or Summons. For example: Staff + Summon, Wand + Spells, Arcane Knight + Summons, Vampirc Blade + Spells.

Invector

I've recently started playing an "Elementalist Wand" Mage for the very first time and I would describe the experience as "underwhelming" at best. So far I haven't discovered any place where it shines. Places I could waltz through with a Staff-Summoner mage have kicked my butt, and I am not looking forward at all to the Ark. 👎

Kakost

I've recently started playing an "Elementalist Wand" Mage for the very first time and I would describe the experience as "underwhelming" at best. So far I haven't discovered any place where it shines. Places I could waltz through with a Staff-Summoner mage have kicked my butt, and I am not looking forward at all to the Ark. 👎
Well, my very first play was Elementalist Staff, and it was a walk in the park... Mostly. Eventually I got the hand on Ark too.

I dont recommend Wand under any circumstances, damage output is too low late game - which is where it really matters, and it turns Int into a far too secondary role. Int is far better than Agi for a mage, but Wand doesnt allow for that.

I tried a summoner and it werent anywhere as easy as Elementalist; besides, I found that I can just simply use scrolls situationally for that purpose

p4ran0id

Staff member
"Dimensional Parasite: YOU! SHALL NOT! PAAAAAASSSSS!"

LOL, my mage build just prevent them from appearing so there is no need to fight it.

Also that builds sounds all wrong, I won't use any of them. Only combination of this is worth playing

Kakost

"Dimensional Parasite: YOU! SHALL NOT! PAAAAAASSSSS!"

LOL, my mage build just prevent them from appearing so there is no need to fight it.

Also that builds sounds all wrong, I won't use any of them. Only combination of this is worth playing
Yep. There's no such a thing as a "cryomancer". There's only combinations of several different directions, with some being efficient and others less so.

So, you could for example relly on several different summons (Ice, Fire, Iron) as to not need to wait for the long Cooldown and to also adjust to the proper elemental resistances, but that build should also have Staff Mastery and Mage Armor (at least).

I made one interesting "alternative Elementalist", on which instead of Fireball and Blizzard, I use Combustion and Disintegrate. So, it has Zap 3, Combustion 3, Disintegrate 3, Staff 4, Mage Armor 3 (and Sparkling 1 exclusively for the Ark).

This weird combination plays just like an Elementalist, but better (imo)

p4ran0id

Staff member
So, you could for example relly on several different summons (Ice, Fire, Iron)

Hehe ever tried a double summoner? I'm one of few who ever managed to get it, sad that there is no achievement for that, but it's really hard to reproduce

IAmOdie

Man, if only there is an advanced skill that would allow you to summon two to three creatures at the same time.
Post automatically merged:    

1. So, you could for example relly on several different summons (Ice, Fire, Iron) as to not need to wait for the long Cooldown and to also adjust to the proper elemental resistances, but that build should also have Staff Mastery and Mage Armor (at least).

2. I made one interesting "alternative Elementalist", on which instead of Fireball and Blizzard, I use Combustion and Disintegrate. So, it has Zap 3, Combustion 3, Disintegrate 3, Staff 4, Mage Armor 3 (and Sparkling 1 exclusively for the Ark).

3. This weird combination plays just like an Elementalist, but better (imo)
1. This one is exactly my personal build, where I'm basically a Stand User Summoner with three different Stands Summons. But this build sucks against enemies way too powerful for the Summons to handle, even Iron Maiden Iron Golem.

2. Interesting. I'd love to try it on my next Mage playthrough.

3. This might sound dumb to y'all, but the Pyromancer to Venomancer choices are purely for fun, and I didn't even think someone would choose it. My bet was on 2-H Staff User, but I didn't expect Elementalist to be the most voted one.

Last edited: