What does your forum user name mean?

GraydenGamer

The name Grayden comes from one of the three main characters from the history I am bringing to life in a book (since 2016), problem is, laziness never let me write, and after 5 years, I didn't finished writing...
It is not that bad, Grayden is a nice name to use as nick anyway, don't you think?

Mook

I used to play SW Galatic Battlegrounds with my kids, each in our own room. I always played Wookiee, built forts and flooded the map with Wookie berserkers. We mainly played co-op against AI. Anyhow, my team mates would call out “Here comes Mum’s Wookies”, which became the Mookies. “mook” describes my gameplay, as it turned out when I found it had a meaning beyond ours.

booze man

This name has a deep meaning to me(very very deep). My ex leave me because I always drink, draw, and just play everyday. She called me "booze man". I thought that was funny. Lmao. It also makes me wanna change my self. Just kidding I got it from a youtuber, but the 2nd, 4th and last sentence were true.

Last edited:

Astanox

Mine is because I like the character Asta from the Black clover anime. And it means "star". Nox in latin means "night". So its star night

Jaguara

Jaguara means "dog that doesn't hunt" in Tupi-Guarani, but the Portuguese used to call people bums, I learned from my grandmother who descends from Portuguese here in southern Brazil

Kakost

My name is Carlos Augusto Teles Costa - unlike in english where most people just have a firstname and a surname, here in Brazil it is quite common to have a first name, a second name and at least 2 surnames, one from the mother and one for the father, and some have SEVERAL surnames (the second brazilian emperor was the human being with the longest name in human history, with 21 surnames if Im not mistaken - Dom Pedro de Alcantara e Bragança... And a ton other surnames from several portuguese and other european noble families).

So, most of my characters are named "Karl", which is the germanic version of my own first name, because I like how it sounds.

So, to match up with the germanic form, I also do the same with the rest - Karl August Tell Kost. Not exactly fully germanic (August is saxonic), but the two with best germanic sound is "Karl Kost", and it also keeps my first and last names, better combining the tradition of 2 names, and also being easier to use.

So, to combine the two, I use "Kakost" (Karl+Kost).

That's it, just my own name "derivated 3 times", nothing too special.

Sometimes for RPG games, when I use female characters, I like to use "Kyra", because it's the name of my (female) cat. That name I gave her because when she was a baby, her ears were so big that they looked like a bat, so "Kyra" is derivative from "Quiropter" (the Family of bats - sorry if it's misspelled, Im not sure if that's how it's written in english)