Is it possible to reshuffle the items that bosses drop?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
After clearing a dungeon I was on my way back to town when I stumbled right into a newly spawned rumor boss. I was glad I still had something left in the tank.

I like to walk everywhere, for the loot, XP, and sense of exploration, but it's always wise to have a couple of Scrolls of Recall (or Teleport if you or a companion have the INT for it) in the back pocket. Especially on Ironman.

VDX_360

Staff member
Let's take it easy on the use of the quote feature, esp for an immediate previous post. Removed some long quote as they tend to clutter the forum and decrease readability of the thread.

Atomos

@VDX_360 is right, there's this cool feature @stonedwolf @DaleTilgo2022 and everyone else can use. Another good reason to run from random rumor bosses, is that they don't vanish for several days, so you can get some rest and sort things out when you're ready to. Summoning a wolf from the scrolls a decoy also helps when running ;)

Kakost

I didnt get any ring of unlife until killing the 3 witches at Undergroven. Upon which I got 3 at once, and I only ever needed 2 (at most).

I did run in a rumor boss by accident once. I was confused as hell, since I didnt know that it could happen. Almost died.

Nowadays I dont even bother with rumor bosses, they just became too easy. Besides, at one point in the game you simply have every single item you could possibly want.

So, while it is possible to keep "farming" rumor bosses, I dont see much of a point to it, except when I want to kill boredom by killing some dragons and liches and feeling a total badass for it.

ajay

Sewer of Horrors farming is you friend then. Tons of higher level stuff to kill in there. There's an inn too boot!

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Nowadays I dont even bother with rumor bosses, they just became too easy. Besides, at one point in the game you simply have every single item you could possibly want. So, while it is possible to keep "farming" rumor bosses, I dont see much of a point to it...

The point is to farm them until you have the loot from them you want. There comes a point you stop farming Goblins in Lannegar, there comes a point you stop farming Ursan in the Cape, etc.

DaleTilgo2022

Atomos -- Thanks for the tip concerning summon wolf scrolls. Past a certain level I could never fathom a use for them besides selling.​

Kakost -- In my first game I almost always avoided rumor bosses. This stemmed from the facts that I wasn't familiar with them on my first play through and then when I did discover them I engaged a dragon that was too high level to defeat. I concluded if all rumor bosses were that strong then I should generally avoid them.​

stonedwolf -- In my second play through I'll scout rumor boss stats using the wiki. If I have a realistic chance of defeating them, if they have at least item I need or want and if they are reasonably close then I green light them.​