Mid Game Mage

Kakost

King Korne is a heavy hitter.
King of Korne is down

Once again, this was surprisingly an easy fight. Sure, Griss went down twice, but between my Zap gun and the slow from the staff, I didnt even need to use any scroll of restoration. Nor did I use any speed potions either. Just my spells and my staff. Used a death Staff, and despite being Arcane 2, it was just some tiny mana for huge damage. With death damage, the King went down easily; I didnt even sweat. And this is the heavier target I put to sleep so far.

I also completed the Eye of Tol with his shard, and now Im waiting... I thought it would open up the Ark immediatly, but it seems I have to wait for... Something. I dont know yet. Thinking about doing Hirge's quest now, Im not sure. Im still afraid of the others, and I was hoping to get the Ark items that consensus claim to be super powerful, althought Im not sure what to expect in it, and neither do I know now when will it be unlocked. So, I'll gear up to take Hirge in her quest while I wait. Or perhaps I do the Flame Prophet (althouth I would prefer to wait until I can take her and the Undermother in the same run)

Edit: the many Ursans surrounding the King could pose an additional problem, but thanks to Griss and my spells, I quickly dispatched all of them, to focus on the King alone. And once again, Im more in love with the Elementalist!

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Mod Note: Not every posts needs lots of screen shots. Screen shots can be helpful in a communicating specific information, but just plastering random screen shots clutters the forum and makes it hard to read the thread.

Range fighters have an advantage over the King of Korne, especially when using death weapons.

A well balanced mage will roll through a lot of areas just because of their high damage output and range attacks.

Atomos

As for the Hirge's dungeon: if you're determined to use Grissenda after the quest, it might be better to finish the Cursed Abbey first.

Kakost

Mod Note: Not every posts needs lots of screen shots. Screen shots can be helpful in a communicating specific information, but just plastering random screen shots clutters the forum and makes it hard to read the thread.
Please forgive me, I know I started this thread asking for advice and direction, but I thought it would be nice to display my game's "journal", sort like the one in another thread. If there's any problem with it, I can stop.

Also, please forgive me, Im playing this game like a kid opening christmas gifts, so Im excitedly sharing my joy, but if it causes disruptions to the forum I'll stop.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Ark has the endgame equipment.
Ark armour will help withstand The Undermother's attack. Very useful for your meatshield.
Medipacks from the Ark heal 160 hp, and Elixir of Galades from the Ashen Waste heal and give a defense boost.

The Undermother has strong resistence to elements. So Ark range weapons, the wand and staff, are not the best to use against her. As for melee weapons, depending on your exact build either the Melporth's Sword , Ark weapon , or a weapon that does pure physical damage will do the most actual damage. Some of the end-game weapons won't do much elemental damage, but their physical part more than makes up for it.

The STR Belt and Agility Gloves in the Ark help all around.

So waiting till post-Ark to take on the Undermother gives you a few more levels, and some better equipment.

Atomos

So waiting till post-Ark to take on the Undermother gives you a few more levels, and some better equipment.
...and the Chicken Chaser title ;x. Grab that sword VDX_360 mentioned, this staff, some Potions of Heroism from Nivarian (these go well with scrolls of the Circle of Restoration[you need a lot of these]), some Potions of Lesser Restoration, high spirit resistance helps. Do not let her hit your main character, and you'll have the best pre endgame challenge possible. There's another paralysing super boss in another location ;)

VDX_360

Staff member
Players requested a pure toxic staff at the last re-balancing.
It seems the powers that be though a pure toxic staff would be inconsistent with mages.
I think they were worried what it would do to the Undermother.

Rk01

...and the Chicken Chaser title ;x. Grab that sword VDX_360 mentioned, this staff, some Potions of Heroism from Nivarian (these go well with scrolls of the Circle of Restoration[you need a lot of these]), some Potions of Lesser Restoration, high spirit resistance helps. Do not let her hit your main character, and you'll have the best pre endgame challenge possible. There's another paralysing super boss in another location ;)
I can already imagine the reaction he will have when faced with this super boss

VDX_360

Staff member
Yeah, but little worm has no death resistance. So pure death staves do wonders against him.

Kakost

So, today I hitted the Cursed Abey, but I had Hirge, because I geared her up intend on doing her quest. But then I saw on wiki that what awaits me there is a bunch of shadow things that are only vulnerable to spirit. And I have no spirit weapons Hirge can use. So I consulted Wiki again, and saw the Paladins' Sword... At the Abbey. But since I had already fully switched gears from Griss to her, I felt too lazy to switch it all back again. So I went with her

And she's a heavy mana drinker. I mean, I can clearly see the advantages of using Hirge for late game, for sure, she just dont go to sleep, all I need to do is keep feeding her mana.

But right now, it's still too much of a drain on my pockets. So I switched back to Griss.

But I didnt gear up for death resistance, I underestimated the death damage from the Hags and those damn cats. Not that it was hard to walk there, but was becoming too expensive, both in hp pots as in mana, since those damn cats have the annoying tendency of ganging on me, and are too damn fast too, so I have to go bzzzzz more often than usual. And then I met the Abbot, and that scared the hell out of me! So I immediatly went to wiki (praise be the Three he is not aggressive right now!), and saw he is resistant to everything... Except for death, which he has -180. So I got annoyed, because I didnt bring any death weapons, and because my stock of potions were on half, I returned for now.

But my money is a bit short to ressuply... So there I was, once more, at the Maze.

So I decided to try the quests there. Did find the first Orb of Galade, but couldnt find the second. Was about to hit the wiki, when a hidden door reveals. And obviously, I thought it was there.

Oh yes, just mere seconds before, I reached lvl 21. I had already bought Combustion, just didnt have the points for it. So I bought my first lvl in Combustion.

Inside the hidden door however, was a zombie dragon. I had forgotten about it, I had read long ago in the wiki, but completely forgot about it, I only remembered about the "demonic spider" or something, which is what I expected to find. The Zombie Dragon caugh me by surprise.

And it lasted for mere seconds. Omg, Combustion is even better than I expected it to be, even at lvl 1 I felt a massive difference. It made this fight super easy.

But I still dont know how to reach the Ark. I have no idea what I have to do for that damn ghost/illusion to show up. (But please dont tell, Im gonna try to solve this up by myself without consulting the wiki).

So while I wait, I'll keep doing the high lvl quests. I'll have to redo the Maze, since my main initial goal was farming gold, I filled up with loot, so I went back to sell it at the Golden Hand, but I guess I'll stick to the Maze and try to reach the Underking. Afterwards I'll see in the libraries what can be done to summon that damn ghost in my inherited tower
Post automatically merged:    

I can already imagine the reaction he will have when faced with this super boss
You guys are making me anxious lol