Death mage build balance

Cryf

Has anyone played the game only through the Vampiric Blade and Death Cloud skills?

Also, the most death damage is 6 ( Shadow Blade, Soul Drinker ) sometimes 7 but little attack speed (Midnight, Maul of Desecration).
For the Arcane Blade skill there are weapons with 8 damage (Nanocarbon Sword) 9 damage (Ancestral Blade of the Deer) 7 (Dancing Flame).

- Arcane Blade gives a bigger damage bonus x2.5 (you can choose the type of damage depending on the weaknesses of the enemy.)

- Vampiric Blade only x2 (and you have to deal somehow with: Undeads, ghosts, orcs, robots)

Anyway I went to be a death mage, but then I wondered, how do I pass the ark if the robots are there?
Also Death Cloud suffers -80 Death resistance. But I haven't tested it on robots.

Is it playable?

VDX_360

Staff member
Pros and Cons to each build.

Elemental Mages, by design, will either do very well in an area, or struggle. A Death Mage is well served by using ark weapons in the ark. You won't get the damage boost from a death weapon, but you will be able to beat the game.

Cryf

Do you mean I should use Tesla Rod and Tesla Emitter? Or Vampiric Blade will give me the ability to wear Nanocarbon Sword and Nanocarbon Scalpel?

VDX_360

Staff member
I think you should toy with either to see which you like given your build choices.

A similar challenge faces Fire Mages. Fireballs just don't do much in the Ark......

Cryf

Nanocarbon Scalpel can be used by anyone
Yeah, I forgot about the scalpel.

I think you should toy with either to see which you like given your build choices.

A similar challenge faces Fire Mages. Fireballs just don't do much in the Ark......
And as for the fire mage. If you play through wands you still get normal attack bonus (+8) to other elements and physical damage. Also intelligence bonus with staffs works on all elements, physic damage and death damage, and arcane blade gives bonus on different elements(not only fire, or only cold). So if you're a fire mage and play with a fire staff (or scepter or sword) you don't need to spend any skillpoints to make the extra damage also work on ice weapons and lightning weapons.
By the other hand the vampiric blade gets a bonus only and only to death damage.