New technical Beta of Exiled Kingdoms (no new content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Today I'll begin rolling out a Beta release for Android, with the following patch notes:
  • Technical update targeting the latest Android 13 SDK, to guarantee compatibility with modern devices. No new content added.
  • Following Android guidelines and recommendations, permission to access external files is no longer needed. If you make a backup, it will be stored in the folder android/data/net.fdgames.ek.android/files. To restore an old backup, place the file there. This folder is deleted if you uninstall the game, so make sure you copy your file to a safe location!
I considered doing a few pending fixes and adjustments, but unfortunately there was no time for that.

Short version: nothing changes except the export and import from file functions, which now use a specific folder, and gets wiped with an uninstall.

Android operative system keeps evolving and the days of random games accessing your whole storage are numbered. It actually makes sense, I have to say. In the future I will research how to do this more conveniently through the Documents folder, and even a file picker maybe. But I had a deadline to update the game with the latest SDK and this was what I could upload with a safe margin.

There's the possibility of bugs as with any Beta, as the new SDK forced me to update several game components, in particular UI may get altered. Please report any such issues in the Support forums, and in the title mention it is about the Beta.

For now this Beta is only released for the free app, "Exiled Kingdoms RPG". After a week or so I'll release a Beta for the premium "Exiled Kingdoms Full" app.

EDIT: you can become a Beta Tester here.

Last edited:

ARC

Not sure if it's because of the change buti only just started having a problem where My characters movement speed is very low and it takes a long time to get from place to place which is making it almost unplayable

p4ran0id

Staff member
Works fine for me, tried backup, restore and found also the file in new folder. Also my other backup weren't loaded (checked with download and basic folder)

p4ran0id

Staff member
Oh OK, not sure if it's just my device, but that happens now more often to me.

I can solve it with force stop and start again, not sure if it's just me

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if it's because of the change buti only just started having a problem where My characters movement speed is very low and it takes a long time to get from place to place which is making it almost unplayable

try to force-close the game and open again. I had never heard of this.

I didn't touch the actual game code, except for file access. I'd be surprised if the bug comes from the update, but sometimes weird things happen when an update is installed if some of the files are still cached by android.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Beta 1.3.1207 should solve the "red tint" bug when traps show, and I also released it as Beta for the Full version in Play Store (premium app).

However, 3 days later, it remains "In Review" by Google. Sometimes it takes over a week to review a build, so it's relatively normal.

dvcong

And how about IOS users, do you guys have plan to update 1.3 version on IOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.