Guide [Spoilers] Recipe for high reputation in all 4 kingdoms

User guide, walktrough, instructions how to do something...

Atomos

I keep forgetting this stuff, so I better write this down, maybe someone else can use it too.

The point of this guide is to get as much positive reputation as possible, and get all the quests done right when you need to. I'll try to put all the points in chronological order, you can mix it up a bit, unless there's a trick involving getting negative reputation first, paying fine, and getting positive reputation, then you'll need to stick to the plan.
The maximum reputation you can get from completing Townhall quests is 71, by reaching 69 and doing one more quest in the kingdoms capitol.
* marks a variation you might choose, but it's not beneficial IMO

1. Complete quests and find the Vigilant Knight encounters, until you reach reputation of 60 in Varsilia
2. Start/finish the quests: Where is Giles, The Poisoned River(those require good reputation, so get those out of the way)
3. Complete quest: A Fair Deal
5. Start the quest: A Mad Wizard
6. Pay a hefty fine of 26400 in Thuram
7. Finish the quest: A Mad Wizard
8. Finish the quests: Spicing Things Up, The Snake Gang(robbing the bank)
9. If you care about good reputation with Varannari, then give a gift to the slave Ruun in Sydaryun Oasis, and finish the quest: The Price of Freedom in favour of the Varannari
*10. Finish the quest: Dubious Poetry in negative manner
11. Pay all the fines in Jabal and Mercia
12. Finish Townhall quests in Mercia. Deserter hunting quests in Freetown are 100% safe. Slave hunting quests in Jabal and Sydaryun are somewhat safe. You can fix your reputation lost in Varsilia and Ilmara later.
*13. If you don't care about good reputation with Varannari, you can do Townhall quests that involve hunting them. Then you can do Human Resources quest in favour of the Mercian slavers.
14. Finish quests in Mercia
15. Pay the fine you incurred in Ilmara by hunting slaves
16. Start the quest: The Collectionist. After summoning the Nightwalker, the Sage must survive the fight, and you have to pay the fine before progressing further. Don't finish the quest yet.
17. Finish Townhall quests in Ilmara until you run out of quests, or reach 71 reputation. You have to do ONLY quests from Nivarian.
18. Finish the quest: The Collectionist.
19. Finish the quests in Ilmara.
*20. Finish the quest: Lady of the Night by giving the heart to Captain Torden
21. Finish the quests in Thuram (you can start doing this after point 6)
22. Find Vigilant Knight encounters until you max out reputation in Varsilia.

By doing this you can get your reputation to:
- 100 in Varsilia, it's easy thanks to Vigilant Knight encounters
- 72 in Mercia without the point *13
- 100 in Ilmara (you need to finish all the quests incurring negative reputation here first, then Townhall quests, then normal ones, it's possible)
- 72 in Thuram (-5 if you need empowered Amulet of Wispers).
EDIT:
- 54 with Varannari (if all the quests are done in their favour, 49 if you chose diplomatic solution in Last of the Legion quest. This excludes point *13)

Phew! Any questions?

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
One can end the game with Friendly to Hero with every kingdom though normal game play so long as they avoid really obvious evil quest outcomes, and do Town Hall Quests to make-up the difference.

There's no benefit to having global positive reputation so it's just a player choice to do.

KiltedNinja27

Loreseeker
If you don't kill the nightwalker and walk into any building, leave, or sleep the noghtwalker will despawn and leave a permanent lower for Ilmaria, so does the reputation come back when you talk to Sage or when you kill the nightwalker?

Atomos

After you kill the Nightwalker and the sage survives, you'll regain the reputation after talking to him, so you can stall the completion as much as needed.

Last edited:

DaleTilgo2022

I have something like -13 Freetown, -11 Jabal and -5 Sydarun. I'm have 20K gold. When I pay the Freetown fine my Freetown rep never rises above -5. I tried sleeping 12 hours at an inn and coming back but the option to pay fines is greyed out. Is there a way to zero out that rep by paying fines?

Atomos

I have something like -13 Freetown, -11 Jabal and -5 Sydarun. I'm have 20K gold. When I pay the Freetown fine my Freetown rep never rises above -5. I tried sleeping 12 hours at an inn and coming back but the option to pay fines is greyed out. Is there a way to zero out that rep by paying fines?
Paying fines raises your reputation to -5. In Ilmara and Thuram there are quests that first lower your reputation, and raise it back up after successful completion, which could be used to nullify your negative reputation. See points: 5, 6, 7 for Thuram, and points: 15, 16, 17, 18 for Ilmara. There's no such help in Mercia though ☹️

Darteous

Unless you only care about the 4 kingdoms then you should focus on doing the town hall quests in the cities that split the reputation as the total amount is limited. I haven't looked through all NPC's so my totals might change slightly but Ilmara reputation from non townhall quests total comes out to 33 with the collectionist trick so then you should only get 67 Ilmara reputation otherwise you'll have wasted a couple of your townhalls. Will likely need to count out the total available to Ilmara and figure out how to best divvy them between the cities for max rep.

Note: if your focus is to also be the good guy you can't do any of the Mercia/Jabal town halls because the deserters are good guys. If you're drafted or join up and thereafter realize, oh slavery is bad then you'd be a deserter too.

Atomos

@Darteous you mean those random deserters that attack you all around Mercia are good guys? That's some very interesting standards! 🤔

As for Ilmara: if I recall right, you could do 4 townhall quests in a small city, and still get 100 points in the whole kingdom if you did everything right. My focus was on getting these hundreds, and legendary hero status.