Guide Archer vs. Ark/Sewer

User guide, walktrough, instructions how to do something...

Kingmaker

Hello again,

First off, thank you all for the support extended in these forums. Really appreciate the responsiveness of players here, veteran or otherwise. Special thanks to David for creating this addicting masterpiece.

As to the question: Pure Archer by far seems to be my most favourite class. My last Archer was Lvl 15 with Composite/Wyrmslayer/Jester bows, trained in Archery, Rapid Fire, Precision Shots and MCrits, all maxed out of course.

Planning on a brand new archer run, but I'm generally a long-term planner and that's the problem. The prospect of having to face the Ark and Sewer of Horrors with an archer somehow worries me.

Is a pure archer build really worth it in the long run? If there's anyone who has beaten Ark and Sewer with a pure archer, please be so kind as to share your knowledge/experience/suggestions, so my Archer can prepare for those Ark/Sewer monsters well in advance.

VDX_360

Staff member
Plenty of people have beating the game with a pure archer build. There are likely dozens of videos on Youtube of Archers destroying the Ark. The Ark bow just wrecks havoc. (Even if one avoids shooting through walls.)

Kingmaker

Plenty of people have beating the game with a pure archer build. There are likely dozens of videos on Youtube of Archers destroying the Ark. The Ark bow just wrecks havoc. (Even if one avoids shooting through walls.)
Alright thanks. I'll just begin my Archer run now - Hard mode. Once I get to the Ark and if somehow still have problems/questions despite YouTube guides, I'll get back to this thread.

Kingmaker

I've looked this up before, but never acquired it since I've never been to the Ark. Though it's comforting to know that this powerful bow will come in handy.

Rk01

It is perfectly possible to beat the ark with an archer, when you learn to play an archer the game is even relatively easy, except for some challenges that you will come across, but overall the archer is a great class on ek
Post automatically merged:    

I've looked this up before, but never acquired it since I've never been to the Ark. Though it's comforting to know that this powerful bow will come in handy.

After you get the Ion recurve you won't want to know about using another bow practically kkk

Kingmaker

It is perfectly possible to beat the ark with an archer, when you learn to play an archer the game is even relatively easy, except for some challenges that you will come across, but overall the archer is a great class on ek
Agreed that the Archer is a great class - one solid perk being that it has the highest level-based damage gain of all classes (1 DMG / 3 Levels).

Just that I had concerns about playing in the Ark with an Archer (since I didn't see any online content/guide before on taking on the Ark with an archer), but I got that completely cleared up now.

Doing a melee rouge run currently, Hard mode, about to hit Level 21. Archer will be in my next run.

except for some challenges that you will come across
This is exactly what I'm figuring out right now. Some of the tougher, boss-level enemies and unique situations (like the arena, especially Sargos fight) will surely need a lot of brainstorming with an Archer.

VDX_360

Staff member
The much-maligned skill BeastMaster can help archers in the arena. It allows them to summon a creature to help. It won't last long, but it can help.

Most dedicated archers learn to kite really well. That or they die.

For the trolls, one semi-decent approach is to use a bow to reduce a troll down to minimal hp. than attack using the make-shift fire club. Trying to separate the trolls to be able to fight them one on one is helpful, too. Easier said than done given the small size of the arena.