Priest build opinions

Molokot

I am playing on PC and it works very nice with awsd + mouse. And you can bind all keys to your lliking.
Personaly i dont understand why somebody wants to use abernos might1 or2 instead of 3 because this skill becomes much better with each upgrade so for me its always 3 and it has top priority. Toghether with intervention 3 and stun 2 . You also should take thelume wisdom , because it is very handy for n ew player. For advanced skills just crit chance , masive criticals, hp buff, and you can easily have also gate and summon wolf and priest buff skill and summoner. And you will stilll be leeft with unused slot that isnt needed for anything. So if you later decide to respec for no wolf dont need to change advanced skills.
Pro tips for cleric :
get bone mace ASAP - it is 2nd best 1h mace in game and it just lies on skeleton outdoors.
Anytime you are near wizard enclavee , make sure you bough at least half of backpack of cognacs.
Nivaria barier is useless, yes you need it later for battle prayer, but thats later.
Real diffrence between warrior guild and cleric guild cleric is "heavy hand" vs "battle prayer" + option to buy small mana potions.
Battle prayer IS MUCH BETTER, but you need to recast it evry 12 sec, and when you also use abernos might its very inconvenient.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Duel sounds good for bosses but I've read the damage stacking progression often gets broken.
I was hoping Massive Crit and Precision Strike would be worth it.

Duel gets reset if there's a break in contact, so certain builds e.g. fighters esp 2H ones who spam Whirlwind & Charge will keep breaking their Duel combo so for them Criticals might be better. But if you're not breaking your own count then Duel is superior to the relatively janky Criticals.

Molokot

Thats completly not true. Duel is weak skill end game and only seems good at low levels , but it would be most usefull at the very begining when you cant have it yet. This skill gets weaker when you level up in contrary to crit skills that gets stronger and are best damage buff.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Duel vs. Heavyhand discussion has been around for ages. Short version: Heavyhand adds more damage overall, Duel will add more damage to bosses. That's based on tracking damage output on multiple dungeon runs.

Abernos' Might is extremely efficient at Level 1 as it gives +7 damage for a mere 2 mana. That means a single Deepfrost Cognac can allow one use of Heal III and one cast of Aberno's Might. A very compact boost.

Also, game mechanics have changed a lot over the last few years, including altering which buffs stack. At one time Might and Battle Prayer did not stack. That made only the +4 damage from Might carryover when using both skills. I think they stack now? That would make maxing both more appealing.

Lastly, the build posted to this thread was to be used for discussion purposes with a new player. It was not intended as a maxed out build. I prioritize players finding a fun build over them trying to squeeze a prefect build.

VDX_360

Staff member
Duel gets reset if there's a break in contact
The game seems to be more forgiving about what counts as a break in combat. PC users may benefit from holding the attack button down while using other skills. That's a little harder to do on a mobile touch screen. But, yeah, having the Duel count reset every few strikes defeats the purposes of maxed out duel.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The game seems to be more forgiving about what counts as a break in combat. PC users may benefit from holding the attack button down while using other skills. That's a little harder to do on a mobile touch screen. But, yeah, having the Duel count reset every few strikes defeats the purposes of maxed out duel.

Isn't it the case you can use non-combat skills? So you can't use Sacred Fire or Whirlwind but you can use Heal or a Potion if you're quick?