NEW CLASS: WITCH OF OROGG

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

WITCH OF OROGG
Treacherous spies and ruthless assassins, the Witches of Orogg command wild animals and hold ancient knowledge of Poisons, Necromancy and Earth magic...

NEW CLASS
Base Class: Select Mage at character's creation
Summons: Wolf / Bear / Earth Elemental / Iron Golem only
Recommandation: Use lots of Summon Wolf Scrolls!
Wands & Staves: Toxic / Death only (Wands & Staves that only deal Normal damage are forbidden)
Melee Weapons: Light only
Shields: Orbs / Talismans only
Torso Armor: Forest Robe / Witch Robes only

Companion: Adaon only
Companion's Restrictions: Normal / Toxic / Death damage only

Music: WITCH OF OROGG (Click to play in Youtube)

OBJECTIVES

SYLLARA'S WHISPERS
• Get Forest Robe at Level 3
• Get Vitriolic Staff (and Adaon) at Level 5
• Learn Earth Mastery III at Level 7
Free Syllara (get Amulet of Whispers) at Level 9
SYLLARA'S CORRUPTION
• Get Staff of Dead Kings at Level 10
• Learn Death Cloud I at Level 11
• Get The Corruptor at Level 13

THE OROGG CIVIL WAR
• Get Witch Robes at Level 15
Murder your 9 political rivals in Orogg at Level 15:
  1. - Witch Exloe​
  2. - Witch Rexea​
  3. - Witch Gamed​
  4. - Witch Il'ex​
  5. - Witch Lixxa​
  6. - Witch Gyw'da​
  7. - Witch Groofe​
  8. - Witch Loddri​
  9. - Witch Gyywe​
Murder Orogg's 3 political leaders at Level 17:
  1. - Hag Silgye
  2. - Hag Rilwa
  3. - Hag Aggra
THE SORCERESS-QUEENS OF OROGG
Assassinate Syllara's 3 Undead Witch Sisters in their Undergrove at Level 20:
  1. - Mylora
  2. - Blafarne
  3. - Varessa
Crown yourself with Varessa's Greater Tiara of the Heavens and choose your throne...

Congratulations, you have become the new Sorceress-Queen of Orogg!!!

Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Petition for the use of fire, if only from a companion. Reasoning: one of Lady Xidar's druids, in the Rhonata Cave, is a pyromancer.

Obviously, Witches are infamous for their disregard for rules, so you may cheat at times, when necessary... but just a little!!! (Using fire to kill a troll, for example.)

I had a lot of fun playing this class and completing the objectives. The elemental restrictions are what make the class so fun - and hard. Fire is effective against almost every monster in the game, it would defeat the goal of the restrictions. I strongly suggest following the rules and objectives as they are, I found they made the class feel unique and challenging.

The Tolassians are especially hard to fight with only Toxic and Death, but they were the Witches' worst enemies after all, so it's fitting.​

Arcanmaster

Summons: Wolf / Bear / Earth Elemental only
Learn Earth Mastery III at Level 7
So Iron Golem is allowed too, it's a good news.
Get Forest Robe at Level 3
Do you mean Nature Robe? Forest Robe is hard to get, I needed 10-15 clearings of Jabal Grotto for it.
Wands & Staves: Toxic / Death only
Get Vitriolic Staff (and Aadon) at Level 5
Obviously, Witches are infamous for their disregard for rules, so you may cheat at times, when necessary...
So Staff of Force and Willow Wand are allowed and we can get Vitriolic one and Adaon at level 1.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
So Iron Golem is allowed too, it's a good news.

Do you mean Nature Robe? Forest Robe is hard to get, I needed 10-15 clearings of Jabal Grotto for it.

So Staff of Force and Willow Wand are allowed and we can get Vitriolic one and Adaon at level 1.

Yes, the Iron Golem is allowed! I clarified it in the rules. Thanks.

No, I really mean Forest Robe. Yes, it's hard to find. And you need to get it by the end of your 3rd level, too! So, no time for fancy quests, XPs are not your friend in this challenge. You'll most likely need to sneak past enemies and steal one behind their backs! (Since witches are dirty cheaters, you may reload maps to help you find what you're looking for faster.)

No, Staff of Force and Willow Wand are NOT allowed. Your Witch can only wield staves and wands that deal Toxic or Death damage. (Yep, this means you can't even use the wand you have as the game starts. It's cruel, I know...)

Yes, Vitriolic Staff will most likely be your first ranged weapon, and you need to get it by Level 5 maximum. If you're able to get it sooner, awesome! But until then, you'll need to manage with spells, your fists or a knife. (You can use any Light Melee Weapon, regardless of their damage type. )

Last edited:

Arcanmaster

No, I really mean Forest Robe
Pure Rhonata cave druid, he will die hundreds times. There's also 1 druid in Trollfence, but he has more bodyguards.
P. S. Or not, I found a lot of chests containing forest robe. I hope my witch will be strong enough to survive checking them. I thought killing varannari druids is onliest way to get forest robe.

I think I will complete Sand Vermin or Don't shoot the messenger, and increase Endurance and Mage Shield

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
[Whispering in your mind] "Ah, Witch Syla, my sweet young apprentice, you show great promise. Such ambition, such passion. Now make your choice, and follow my voice. Release me... Release me... Releeeaaaase meeeeee..."
- Sorceress-Queen Syllara

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I had a lot of fun playing this class and completing the objectives. The elemental restrictions are what make the class so fun - and hard. Fire is effective against almost every monster in the game, it would defeat the goal of the restrictions. I strongly suggest following the rules and objectives as they are, I found they made the class feel unique and challenging.​

Fair enough, but that's also why I said perhaps just for a companion. I understand a PC Mage could roast the story alive with so many amazing spells and staffs, but what are the top fire options Addy can realistically get? A Vulcan Dagger? Flaming Hatchet? Wyrmslayer if you make a stopover?

But rules are rules fair enough. I didn't say his to make it easier, only because the Witches have fire-using minions. Sorry. :cool:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Fair enough, but that's also why I said perhaps just for a companion. I understand a PC Mage could roast the story alive with so many amazing spells and staffs, but what are the top fire options Addy can realistically get? A Vulcan Dagger? Flaming Hatchet? Wyrmslayer if you make a stopover?

But rules are rules fair enough. I didn't say his to make it easier, only because the Witches have fire-using minions. Sorry. :cool:

This isn't meant to be fun. You're supposed to suffer. ;) But seriously, feel free to modify it, as long as you're enjoying yourself!