Joining guilds

Ahijah-Akeem

Are there any advantages to joining a guild not related to your build? Say a warrior joining the thieves guild or a mage joining the warrior's, etc. Are there disadvantages?

Arcanmaster

archer warrior and wand mage and light arcane knight can join 7th house for girdle of rogue.
Hand and 2 hand arcane knight can join warriors guild for girdle of warrior
Disadvantages:
Later you can get automated glowes and force belt so girdles won't be actual
If you change your build you may have a lack of skills and equipment.

Last edited:

p4ran0id

Staff member
Are there any advantages to joining a guild not related to your build? Say a warrior joining the thieves guild or a mage joining the warrior's, etc. Are there disadvantages?
there are lot of disadvantages because of guild special skills.
also check the table because not every class can learn every skill.

to make it simple, you only have to decide for cleric if you join the three or warrior guild. for rest it's useless to join a guild that doesn't suit your class because you won't be able to learn the guild special skills because of class requirements.

also it's useless for archer warrior to join seventh house, the special skills are assassinate and poison master, both skills are for rogue only, rapid fire and precision shots you can learn without being member. so no benefit at all

warrior => warrior guild
rogue => seventh house
mage => mage guild
cleric => the three or warrior guild.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It forever breaks my heart the two worth-while "most of the game" off-hand weapons for a Warrior can only be obtained by joining the Thieves' Guild.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It forever breaks my heart the two worth-while "most of the game" off-hand weapons for a Warrior can only be obtained by joining the Thieves' Guild.
But they are not that useful for warriors, benefit from warrior guild is way better. I did a double hand speed warrior build, heavy hand and Co is worth more than +1 from special off-hand weapons

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I didn't make my post clear enough I know it's not realistically feasible to join the Thieves' Guild just for them, you have to join the Warrior's Guild. But that was the point I was trying to make, no player Warrior will realistically ever get to use Toecutter or Lightning Dirk.

And that breaks my heart as I'd have loved to use them as a "Ranger" type Warrior.