Do i need magical training?

Ipalalien

I playing rogue but i want to deal damage and be able to support grissenda,

I want to use restoration scroll with rogue, if i need the skill what level i have to go?

eungpar

I think rogue has extra skill slots in contrast to warrior. (For warrior, there are many good warrior skills so it's wasteful to learn it imo)

So when you start to kill bosses(over lvl 22 or after mastering some necessary skills, such as assasinate, stab, and sneak attack is recommended), learn and use it.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
The best, if not only truly valid reason, to learn Magical Training is the Scroll of Restoration. One level should suffice in most situations but keep in mind the HP cost. The scroll costs 10 mana to use, thus it will cost 100 HP, 60 HP and 40 HP with Level 1, 2, 3 of Magical Training, That 100 HP might be a bit tight in really brutal fights.

Xen

Loreseeker
You certainly need Magical Training because your chosen companion is Grissenda. Hirge can survive without it but Grissenda can't, as a Rogue you have to rely on that skill due to not having Mana. Like what others said, Rogues can have a spare slot for that skill because a rogue rely on active skills with some decent passive skills and Scroll of Restoration is the main reason for you to get it. You don't have any active healing for emergency purposes and using too much HP potions can drain your stocks quickly (you certainly don't want to run out of those especially inside dungeon)

Ipalalien

Yeah i think im gonna learn it and i must combine it with body development so i didn't die quickly
Post automatically merged:    

What if you use evasion? Can you dodge the damage?
Yeah i wanna know too

Xen

Loreseeker
If that's the case then you should invest on END for higher HP pool (it's the equivalent of Mana from INT and PER stat for Cleric and Mage)

Ipalalien

My End is on 4 point already because i play in ironman mode.

Im gonna get body development

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You can always use a Potion of Restoration to get lots of your HP back, then Scroll of Restoration to get your party back.

VDX_360

Staff member
I'm not sure if Evasion can evade Magical Training Damage--I want to say no, but Evasion works on a lot of things.. so

Anyone with a Rogue they can test this on?