Need Guide for building a Mage Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDX_360

Staff member
Today I found out 2H Warrior isn't viable. :rolleyes:
2-H Combat focused warriors are brutal. They just destroy everything in their path. I'm partial to the Whirlwind + Charge design. Just keep using those two skills.

2-H Warriors with a more rounded build are still heavy hitters. You just got to be careful about health management. Hirge is useful is with that point. Managing resistance is also pretty critical to help reduced damage. Make those ring slots pull their weight.

VDX_360

Staff member
Just as a follow-up, a mid-level 2-H warrior can clear a lot of dungeons with taken little-to-no damage using the Whirlwind + Charge combo. Dead enemies just can't hit back. It takes a bit of skill to time the attacks that well but even a new player can use the brutal physical might of a 2-H warrior to destroy things.

Granted, a 2-H combat focused warrior might miss a few trait checks along the way but hey, who needs nuanced plot lines when you can deal hundreds of points of damage to the final boss.

Xen

Loreseeker
Well when it comes to warrior , no agility or anything else can compenssate lack of active infantry training, crit reduction is simply THAT good.
And yes you will notice it mostly on hard hiting boses and not on mobs, but tough boss fights is all that matters, rats wolves and bears can be killed with anything.
Infantry Training isn't a game breaker, I find it almost useless actually. It's almost the same as other utility skills like Gate or the resistances
Post automatically merged:    

In summary, it's a QoL niche skill but still it's good for 1 hand with shield build
Post automatically merged:    

Every class has a few different builds are are able to beat the game on every difficulty mode. Obviously, there are some pro-and-cons between the different builds. There's also builds that are hampered or flat-out broken. Those can be frustration for new players still learning game mechanics, or they can be fun for a veteran player role-playing a character.

Using items isn't cheating. They are literary part of the game. Smart potion use will greatly help in the game. If you're using too many potions, it might be a sign of a hampered build. A few tweaks might make a world of difference.

Mages used to be pretty weak in the early game. Now, Mages start to outshine other classes at Level 6 or so. Obviously, that depends on build, playing style and player experience. Some players can get Griss at Level 2, and never look back. Just let Griss soak the damage till you get Hirge.
Right, I usually get Hirge at Level 2 by utilizing Potion of Speed and Scroll of Recall. Just let Gris get the aggro then pop that Potion of Speed and run towards the medallion. 😉👌 Same case for Wyrmslayer getting it earlier by around level 8-9 using Potion of Speed

Last edited:

Molokot

yeah, thats exactly WHERE you are all wrong about warriors, because those daggers are so fast and so tempting, so you will build character that can utylize them somehow, just as i said before infantry training is a core and basic warrior skill and anybody who neglect it , makes himself inferior warrior. Not to mention greed for lot of agilty , that causes neglecting building up Grisenda, and after that some people even come to conclusion that Hirge is best companion for fighter, while actualy she is not just a bit worse than Grisenda , but simply she is completly crapy compared to her, if you build Grisenda right.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You have some of the most experienced people in EK trying to tell you Infantry Training is not a deal breaker. It's a great skill but it's not the essential one-and-only you make it out to be.

Deleted member 28869

some people even come to conclusion that Hirge is best companion for fighter, while actualy she is not just a bit worse than Grisenda , but simply she is completly crapy compared to her, if you build Grisenda right.
Hirge is the most versatile comapnion for any class, she can both heal and tank, and have you ever heard of immortal clerics? Hirge can be even tankier than griss because of that.

Last edited:

Molokot

And sun rotates around the Earth . Burn me on stake.
Or play warriors properly and you will see.

Deleted member 28869

Look, infantry training isn't the oh-so poweful godlike skill you think it is, why? It's a passive skill that costs 5 skill points with the same effects with any stun immunity item with a bit of crit reduction. It's just a nice skill that removes the need to equip amulet of dark whispers, and it doesn't even work with light weapons.

Last edited:

Molokot

Amulet of wispers is unique item so obviously you cant have it on 2 warriors, + its a mage item that adds mana and removes hp. So yeah it is an option for 2h grisenda. And it isnt "a bit of crit reduction" it is very powerfull defensive skill that changes 200+ damage hits into 50 damage.

Your playstyle myopia is tiresome.
Could say same thing about you. Diffrence is that i actualy tried "your" playstyle and i know it is possible to play like that, but i am not teling new guys that it is best if they ask, because it is inferior to build intended by developer.

And also its not a matter of playstyle ,but a hard fact that Grisenda that eats books and plays proper spec is 10x better companion than Hirge. Simply because she is then at her full potential, while hirge has just some random cleric skills available ,and it doasnt even require 2 brain cells to realize that npc spellcaster wouldnt use spells eficiently, so she even cant realy utilze those few spells she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.