*Story Spoilers* The Builders

Random_NPOA

I felt that Tol and The Three were the ones to beat the Orrog witches but broke up when Tol wanted to be ruler of the dead. Side question: i updatedbut somehow missed previous dialogue when meeting the ancient city golum trader. He acted like we met before. What was the dialogue and is he somwhere else now? Why did he need the lifestone anyway?

His reason for wanting to go out was to optimize his ability to do his prime directive. Which was to be a merchant. As for the initial dialogue. You had to pass an int?
I also have this idea that the four who ascended to godhood are the same adventurers from the supposed fictional work the church banned, that drove that priest mad when he realized, basically, that the gods are little more than power hungry people with more success than most, and that he murdered his son for nothing.

although my memory of how that story is summarized by the archbishop is hazy so I don't recall if all the details line up.

but also the evil abbotts in the forbidden pit clearly understand that the gods are not what they've led people to believe. it sounds like there is more intrigue yet in how thelume the wise came to his position and what exactly is the status of the others.

don't tell Hirge though, she'll go all Joan of the Ark on you. might even explode.

Indeed. That was what I was thinking too. So I created a new game and this time gave the broken crown to Tol to read through the dialogue again.
I also have this idea that the four who ascended to godhood are the same adventurers from the supposed fictional work the church banned, that drove that priest mad when he realized, basically, that the gods are little more than power hungry people with more success than most, and that he murdered his son for nothing.

although my memory of how that story is summarized by the archbishop is hazy so I don't recall if all the details line up.

but also the evil abbotts in the forbidden pit clearly understand that the gods are not what they've led people to believe. it sounds like there is more intrigue yet in how thelume the wise came to his position and what exactly is the status of the others.

don't tell Hirge though, she'll go all Joan of the Ark on you. might even explode.

Maybe, the oppoloan frontier is just a small slice of what exactly happened. I think tol was also referencing what the golem merchant termed as the "godswar". I recently did a playthrough for the exact reason of going through the conversation with Tol again. Here's what I found

Grim Rapper

The fourth gods probably tol because tol said that he is just a adventures like us and they betray him, when they become a gods
It is not a "probably" at this point, one of the solutions from the Quest "The Dead God" reveal this information among other things

Yeah maybe, I like you theories because Azeran said If he absord The Sleepers, He can match the power that we call gods which is the three
Basically, being such as The Sleepers, Witch Queen, and The Three's Gods are basically the same being as "The Ascended" (the information is kinda fragmented on other quests and different places [like the Paid Wisdom on The Three's Chruch in Nivaria], you're welcome to provide some SS/quotes), Azeran probably understands this and decide selfishly to also become one forcefully

Random_NPOA

It is not a "probably" at this point, one of the solutions from the Quest "The Dead God" reveal this information among other things

Basically, being such as The Sleepers, Witch Queen, and The Three's Gods are basically the same being as "The Ascended" (the information is kinda fragmented on other quests and different places [like the Paid Wisdom on The Three's Chruch in Nivaria], you're welcome to provide some SS/quotes), Azeran probably understands this and decide selfishly to also become one forcefully

Yeah. I'm hoping david's new game sheds more light on this matter. I am very intrigued by the lore of this world. Haven't really done much of the gold to exp deal with the three as I am always too lazy to farm for gold. I'd rather create a new character instead but maybe I'll try it this time. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post automatically merged:    

Yeah. I'm hoping david's new game sheds more light on this matter. I am very intrigued by the lore of this world. Haven't really done much of the gold to exp deal with the three as I am always too lazy to farm for gold. I'd rather create a new character instead but maybe I'll try it this time. Thanks for the suggestion.