*Story Spoilers* The Builders

Random_NPOA

First of all, a massive thank you to David et al. Amazing update. Got this game years ago and started playing again through the entire quarantine season. Kept my sanity intact.

So I was wondering. The City of the Ancients was supposedly built way before the exiled kingdoms were established and even earlier the outposts the imperials set up like Icemist. Consequently, we also learn that the Varannari were also descended from imperial stock and came to the island fleeing other imperials.

This had to have happened way before the arrival of the muu'adri and the dimensional horrors. Thousands of years at least for the genetic changes to have been prevalent among the Varannari from interbreeding with the fey folk.

Could the Varanarri been the builders of the City of the Ancients and the Tomb of the Sleepers?

Also, note that there is a Varannari teleporting stone very near the city of the ancients itself.

I am also very intrigued by the conversation with Laughing Deer. He mentions four impiri gods defeated the Orog witches while the religion of the three only mention three gods. What happened to the fourth god?

I'd very much like to hear about everyone's thoughts and theories on the matter.

I am currently doing the last of the quests from the new content ( The Undergrove Quests) I am hoping to find more info there.

I really wasn't expecting new content as I know that David is working on his new game. This is a mighty pleasant surprise, I must say. Thank you.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find the button to grey out the text as spoilers. I am new at posting at forums and I can be quite stupid at times.

Ipalalien

It really blend well, before i Complete the shard of fate I go to solliga to complete one mission there that mention the forsaken in the mountain.

Ipalalien

Yeah maybe, I like you theories because Azeran said If he absord The Sleepers, He can match the power that we call gods which is the three

Random_NPOA

The golem said that it's only natural for humans to build cities underground maybe the ancient humans looks different and maybe the four missing sleepers got absorbed by the three and tol

That is interesting. I felt that there was a lot emphasis on having four of the tombs being looted but I didn't make the connection myself. Interesting..

Ahijah-Akeem

I felt that Tol and The Three were the ones to beat the Orrog witches but broke up when Tol wanted to be ruler of the dead. Side question: i updatedbut somehow missed previous dialogue when meeting the ancient city golum trader. He acted like we met before. What was the dialogue and is he somwhere else now? Why did he need the lifestone anyway?

JediNxf7

I also have this idea that the four who ascended to godhood are the same adventurers from the supposed fictional work the church banned, that drove that priest mad when he realized, basically, that the gods are little more than power hungry people with more success than most, and that he murdered his son for nothing.

although my memory of how that story is summarized by the archbishop is hazy so I don't recall if all the details line up.

but also the evil abbotts in the forbidden pit clearly understand that the gods are not what they've led people to believe. it sounds like there is more intrigue yet in how thelume the wise came to his position and what exactly is the status of the others.

don't tell Hirge though, she'll go all Joan of the Ark on you. might even explode.