Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

JLanger

@JLanger , are you passing the trait checks? I think you need END 3, INT 3 and PERS 3. PERS 3 for the snake, END 3 for the back ache, and INT 3 to realize something about the deer.

Try with those traits and see if it works.
Thanks for that. I wasn't passing the PERS check, so couldn't start the whole thing. It wasn't obvious that a particular trait check was failing, perhaps something could be added for each check that you're failing (similar to the failed Rep check where you feel like you shouldn't be in the glade, which I got when I first tried). For the PERS check, it could say (after choosing the "sit and wait" option enough times) "You begin to wonder if you're just not very likable.(Leave)" or something like that.

VDX_360

Staff member
That's not a bad idea. Alerting to failed checks is a common feature in a lot of new games (or a setting you can toggle on / off). However, David the Mighty Developer has decreed in his infinite wisdom* that isn't the case for this game. Partly for role playing, partly because it would require a lot of changing dialogue options in the game that is apparently more difficult than it seems.

*David is holding my Swamp Donkey hostage so I have to be nice.

Themightymoose

In "like Father like Son", Thalassos's name still appears after he dies. (On a side note, I'm so intrigued by this quest - is this the last we hear of Ellodis? And I'm still searching for what the purple medallions are for - I've got two now)
Also, some of the chests/boxes in the forsaken fortress don't seem to be spawning loot like other dungeons, they are just empty.
Post automatically merged:    

In "like Father like Son", Thalassos's name still appears after he dies. (On a side note, I'm so intrigued by this quest - is this the last we hear of Ellodis? And I'm still searching for what the purple medallions are for - I've got two now)
Also, some of the chests/boxes in the forsaken fortress don't seem to be spawning loot like other dungeons, they are just empty.
I went back and explored some more, I talked to the golem while wearing a purple necklace and nothing happened, but put it in my inventory and he had more dialogue. Also, the dialogue from the book about the temple of sleepers says "thats what the golem must have been talking about!" Even before you get this info from the golem.

Loving the new lore!!!

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@Themightymoose , what version of the beta are you using? There's been a few hiccups with the golem's dialogue that have gotten a few fixes. A side effect might be the book reacts as if you talked to the golem first.

I think the poor loot in the forsaken fortress is deliberate. It's been abandoned for a long time. It's pretty common to find mostly empty chests in there. Trade off is the Giant Mead drops pretty frequently.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Released 1164 which fixes minor things and adds some translated dialogues (Portuguese and German)

VDX_360

Staff member
Just FYI: v. 1164 is on Steam. It's nice when the update propagates across the web correctly.

JediNxf7

I got a report of secret doors not being detected normally, only through scrolls. It worked for me, is everyone detecting secret doors as usual?
hard to say without knowing where they are. but I have a rogue with maxed dungeoneering and 5 awareness and I have found secrets not being detected until several passes in the same spot which never used to happen. but I figured maybe you just elevated the difficulty in the temple of sleepers (for example) to account for an endgame challenge.

Snacc

I have made a test. During the game i already did my very best to increase the reputation with the V. And the first time I meet them my reputation is at 21.
If i talk to their leader and accept the 100 wolf skins challenge to help the Mercians i get a le +2 in reputation with the V, if i agree to slaughter the mercenaries then i get +10 and i can talk to the warrior and the druid, but it really sucks.
@David may you lower the required reputation for the 1st mission only with the V leader from 25 to 21?
That would be more balanced and feasible.
you can do the mission Human resource in Eastern Inori, if you side with the Varannari it gives +8 rep

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Although I haven't tested the skill myself, I stumbled over the description of Vampiric Blade. On level 1 it says "Each hit will heal you for 2hp", while on levels 2 and 3 "Each killed enemy will heal you...". Does the skill indeed work differently on different levels or is one of the descriptions wrong? Because healing for each hit would be much more powerful than healing on each kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.