Item update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You, players, know the little details of the game better than me. Especially about some classes. I'd like to know what little adjustments here and there could improve existing itemization and filling gaps here and there.

In this thread I'd like to heard about your ideas about items missing in the game, or that you feel need to be updated. I am not asking about new ideas for items, I already have those, what I am looking for is things like: "My rogue used the same bow from level A to level B, it really felt like an upgrade was missing" or "There is no good weapon with X elemental damage for clerics around level Y", or even "The reward for quest Z is underwhelming because of these reasons" or "Item Z is useless because there is this other one you get earlier which is better".

Keep in mind however that even if you may be right about certain items, I might not make all the suggested changes. Itemization in EK does not try to be perfectly smooth and balanced, there's a dosage of deliberate chaos here and there because if you always had level-appropiate encounters and received level-appropiate rewards, there would be zero excitement in the game.

Syras

A bow that has death damage would be nice.

I feel like many people don't know the forest robes exist in the game(the only robes with ice resistance, which is 10).So I think a robe given from a future quest with about 15-20 cold resist is handy.

There is a large gap of time between the staff of storms(early-mid) and the traveler staff(end game). A staff that does 4-9+5 lightning with arcane 1 can exist in mid game(level 15).

One thing i want to bring up is pure elemantal damage weapons besides some staves and wands. Maybe weapons with two elemental damage types which is most likely impossible to balance but just a suggestion. (I'm new here so i don't if this specific suggestion belongs on a new thread, I appreciate the moderator for the earler reminder).

Wyrm

Loreseeker
1H Cleric you get the Silvery Mace by lvl 2. No need to change weapons until getting the flaming warhammer at level 7 or 8. Pre-ark you only need Spirit Breaker or Paladin Sword and Ghostbane/Golem Fist(If your lucky to get drop). Rest of weapons are obsolete by the time you get them. The Mystic Bone Mace would be fun early but nearly impossible to get as is the Ivory RIng.

Staff Mage arcanist to win game is unnecessary and takes longer to win. Elemental staff mage takes about 75 days to beat ark. Insanely faster. That makes all lvl 4 and 5 staffs mostly useless.

Adon quest fights Ursan vulnerable to Death. Longsword of Falling Stars is great, but forbidden pit weapons would be awesome to fight The King of Korne. But by the time you can get to Midnight or Shadow Blade they are obsolete.

30 EMERALDS! Too much for the rings you can get. Either have more Large Emerald drops or lower amount needed. Unless you are grinding hard early those rings are unattainable or obsolete. If you don't actively hunt for them you finish game without about 15-20 Large Emeralds.

Be fun to start out as archer rogue but bows early on are too weak. Frost Bow needs upgrade.

BOSTACH

1) A staff that deals fire damage i literally use Caduceus of Scorching from level 5 to 14 or 15 until i get magma great staff.
2) (according to the wiki) wyvernslayer and the Imperial Troll hunter Bow are literally the exact same.
3) the enchanted Vulcan bow sounds way too cool for the damage it deals ( ._.)

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
2) (according to the wiki) wyvernslayer and the Imperial Troll hunter Bow are literally the exact same.
The Wyrmslayer has the Attributes Beastslayer II and Vicious II, which gives it a hefty damage boost over the Imperial Trollhunter Bow. When both attributes are fully engaged, the Wyrmslayer does ALMOST TRIPLE the damage of the Trollhunter, before archery bonus are included.

BOSTACH

Sorry i should have looked more into each bow before stating that ( ._.)

ajay

This just me just putting my opinion out there. I know it isn't regarding new items coming.

Can the kevlar vest and googled helmet not be reflective silvery chainmail, please? It really breaks my immersion as a shadowy stealth type. A dark sophisticated look like the shady traveler or even carbon grey leather armor has always appealed to me as a rogue player.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
From another thread, but how about some really exceptional necklaces? At the moment Amulet of Dark Whispers (or for rogues, Bloodied Scarf) is by far and away the most obvious neck-slot item. I mean.. Stun Immunity or Detection 1? Decisions, decisions! Yes there's some good BBQ resistance but otherwise elemental resistance is in the 10 to 15 range, handy but hardly earth-shattering.

I'd say generally speaking the best neck slots are notably weak compared the best rings, gloves, belts.

DayBreaker

David, I think you better could rebalance drop rate system in whole EK game.
Why? Imagine that you're playing warrior. 2-handed warrior, or cleric based on AGI, or rogue. As example. To beat the game warrior need to complete about three stages of himself development:
1.Find/get Wild Thunder from Human Resources quest.
2.Fight to Hellish Demon for Rancor. (That could be very easy with Hirge.)
3.Craft Adamantite Greatsword with Stridsibum help.
4.Start the Ark Walkthrough and beat Forsaken. (You also can take Pneumatic Mallet to feel yourself God.)
5.?????
6.That's all. There is no more worthy things to fight for. In 2-handed warrior's specialization i named all worthy things to take for comfortable walkthrough. I can name them for every class. There is no worthy reward for completion hard quests, or the reward is just a weak weapon. All of really mighty things were found at walktrhough stage and there is no more interest to travel Isle of Varranar again. Please, make more quests based on real travelling and searching, or fighting with really WORTHY rewards for every class.
And stop making useless weapons, please.

VDX_360

Staff member
I'm confused. What area in the game is there a 2-H weapon lacking?

The above list above includes a handful of top tier weapons that seem to cover all your needs? After the Arc / Sewer of Horrors there is no more need. The game's over.

So you seem to want more weapons added to the game that serve no purpose other than to be added to the game?

Your list also has some oddities. Wild Thunder is only obtained through a certain quest outcome involving a few Level 12-ish opponents. So your list seems to start out at the mid-game and jumps to taking on the Greater Demon to get Rancor. That skips a lot of game play.

There are about three dozen two-handed weapons in the game, ranging from a base DPS of 7 to 22, with a wide range of element damage and attributes.

Is there a particular part of the game you'd like to see a single 2-H weapon added, and why?

Duck123

Loreseeker
A new end game cloak for warrior. The cloak of might is good but rendered obsolete very quickly by the force belt and I feel like in the end game my cloak is doing little to nothing. Also maybe an end game ring for non-magic users. The ring of the bull is the only real good one

Status
Not open for further replies.