Spoiler question(Read at your own risk) Related to undermother

johndominic

Can i kill undermother at first meeting? if yes how will the flame prophet will react if i killed the unweakened undermother?
why i asked? I cant decide which route to follow.
Is the flame prophet evil?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You have to talk to the Fame Prophet first.
Neither are evil never are good, they're just creatures with self-awareness thanks to the shards.

What IS weird is since I left this quest till too-late I fixed the mirror up (using Rumour Boss loot) but the dialogue about the importance of Shard hasn't changed, LOL.

johndominic

Thanks I was planning spamming Mana Pots combined with Duel+Intervention to undermother. I just wonder how many will be consumed potions till undermother dies.
I thought Flame prophet is a nice person am i really wrong?
I dont want guilt to haunt me.

VDX_360

Staff member
None of the shard quests alter wording after completing the main quests. Perhaps in a much later update, all the possible ways to complete quests can be accounted for with in-game dialogue.

The very first time you met the Undermother (way back in Hunting Bugs), I --think-- you might have the option of actually fighting her....

During the beta development of the game, it was nearly impossible to bet her in her unweakened form, forcing you to choose between killing The Flame Prohpet or the Undermother. However, as content got added, to include skills, equipment, etc, it became possible to beat her without the 2-hour long fight.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The most difficult fight I had in this game was the Void Lord. I needed by +80 death resist and used eight Potions of Restoration, and I only had a few HP left even at that.

How much harder is the unweakened Undermother because with the Flame Prophet she was a cakewalk.

p4ran0id

Staff member
The most difficult fight I had in this game was the Void Lord. I needed by +80 death resist and used eight Potions of Restoration, and I only had a few HP left even at that.

How much harder is the unweakened Undermother because with the Flame Prophet she was a cakewalk.

Try to fight the forsaken 😏

That should be the hardest fight in EK

Elsid.mh

Thanks I was planning spamming Mana Pots combined with Duel+Intervention to undermother. I just wonder how many will be consumed potions till undermother dies.
I thought Flame prophet is a nice person am i really wrong?
I dont want guilt to haunt me.
U r right , flame prophet is not evil, but undermother is also peaceful and not evil....
I haven't completed this task yet as I also couldn't decide to kill any of this two! I think if I do, it means that in fact the shards has corrupted me ! Lol

Kyoji

I wonder what way to accomplish that quest Is better in long time terms .
I mean , in wiki Is wrote that if at the end of the Quest you do not kill the Undermother , She Will tell you that archmage descendant' s Blood Is not so important and wich this knowledge Will help the player but It Is not written where and when ( curious for a wiki , somehow I think It was made in a hurry ).
Now , if a kind soul would explain that thing to me in a better way than the wiki did , It would be appreciated.

Atomos

@Kyoji you need this knowledge for the end of the game. There's also another way of learning this, but it requires successful INT 5 or PER 6 check during main quest ;)