Leveling phase Advices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiz18

Hello everyone, I'm a new EK player, I just buyed the game on Android a couple of days ago. Nice to meet all of you. :)

Like the title says, I have some doubts about where's the best place/Dungeon to level up faster, because I feel the leveling phase it's a little slow. I know the game is long enough and I don't feel like to rush it on my first playthrough, but if you can recommend certain areas or mobs to farm more EXP I really appreciate it. Something like: Zones to Level 1-5, and then level 5-10 etc.

I don't know if you can just level up fine doing all the quest and it is not necessary the exp grind, I don't know but it feels like grinding at certain point it's needed. if someone can clarify this It would be awesome. The other question is... We know the companion took some of our Exp so... It's worth it split the exp on early levels?

I'm playing on Normal Difficulty with a Sword&Shield Warrior.

Thanks!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum. what is your current level, and the latest quests you have completed? As a rule of thumb, do every quest in Lannegar, Kingsbridge, New Garand and you'll keep leveling up for a while.

p4ran0id

Staff member
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10905

It has a nice overview with a order how to finish the quests. You can also take it as oriantation for suitable dungeon for a level.

If you like grinding: lvl 1-2 around Lannegar, up to 9 around Kingsbridge or new Garand (thomb and Co)

With lvl 9 I like to grind in Maze of Lamth (jabal)

For High levels, pit, citadel, SoH.

But ou don't have to grind (only for items), just concentrate on the quests, that will be enough

Xen

Loreseeker
It is class dependent sometimes and the other things has been said for quest completion. IMHO here is my own list of grinding places and their target levels:

1-3 — Ydaya Tomb or 1-5 Lannegar Mine
3-5 — Bandits' Hideout or Kleyou Tomb
5-7 — Nayau Tomb or alternatively the entrance part of Mercian Royal Crypt(needs companion for tank, respawn the first two rooms after clearing)
7-9 — Irazur Tomb(not past the toxic zombie area) or Urzuganar Lair(don't go to Orc King's chamber)
9-12 — Maze of Lamth(first level, not passing the Minotaur Lord area)/Bloodpaw Cave/Urzuganar Lair(up to Orc King)
12-14 – Askatir Mines/Imperial Fortress/Irazur Tomb/Azagul Tomb/Trollfens
13-15 – Gurguth Cave or Mausoleum
14-17 – Kurgua Cave/Mercian Royal Crypt/Castle Bluerock/Maze of Lamth(Second Level)
17-20 – Mercian Royal Crypt/Crimson Hills/Cave of Echoes/Wyverntail Complex
19-23 – Cave of Echoes/Abbey of Saint Admus
20-24 – Sunken Citadel/Ark of Lothasan(and Reactor level)
23 and above – Icemist Underlevels a.k.a SoH

Owns

Loreseeker
Keiz18":3gzkx0jc said:
I don't know if you can just level up fine doing all the quest and it is not necessary the exp grind, I don't know but it feels like grinding at certain point it's needed.
Thanks!

I never found it necessary to grind for the sake of grinding to level up, and I play on hard difficutly. That said, I would recommend you do Town Hall quests, starting with Lannegar, Kingsbridge, then New Garand. That could be considered grinding, but at the same time you will be making a lot of money and at the same time raising your reputation which is required to unlock new quests.

If you want to level up even faster, you can boost your xp gain by either donating at a shrine of The Three or using scrolls of wisdom (I don't believe they stack, the highest xp gain value will apply). You can use scrolls of wisdom on your companion as well if you find their level lags behind too much.

ybnorml1

I never found it necessary to grind for the sake of grinding to level up, and I play on hard difficutly. That said, I would recommend you do Town Hall quests, starting with Lannegar, Kingsbridge, then New Garand. That could be considered grinding, but at the same time you will be making a lot of money and at the same time raising your reputation which is required to unlock new quests.

If you want to level up even faster, you can boost your xp gain by either donating at a shrine of The Three or using scrolls of wisdom (I don't believe they stack, the highest xp gain value will apply). You can use scrolls of wisdom on your companion as well if you find their level lags behind too much.
i am playing on steam ...how do you use a scroll of wisdom on a companion?

VDX_360

Staff member
A bit of necro post but it's atleast following the discussion.

To have a Companion use any scroll, potion, etc, you as the player must open their inventory screen (Just like you would to equip them). In the inventory screen (your backpack, their equipment), any potions used from your backpack will be used on your Companion. The same process works for scrolls. Note, for scrolls that have a Trait Requirement (Summoning, Planar Binding etc), your Companion must meet the trait requirement.

Early to mid-game, there's some debatable benefit to using Scrolls of Wisdom on your Companion but not as much as ensuring your main character has the boost. So if you have a lot of Scrolls of Wisdom stocked up, you can use them to help your Companion boost up. Most players keep their scrolls for their main character.

on a similar vein, you can also use Ancient Tolassian Tomes on your Companion. Only advisable in the very late game when an extra trait point won't make a difference for your main character but might help your Companion.

ybnorml1

A bit of necro post but it's atleast following the discussion.

To have a Companion use any scroll, potion, etc, you as the player must open their inventory screen
thanks i figured out using potions but never thought to do it with scrolls....Thanks again

VDX_360

Staff member
Glad your question got answered. Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.