It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: companion respawn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:37 pm 

When you're on combat and your companion die, he will not respawn until you finish the combat and/or all monsters around die/disappear. This is not helpful as companion should be valuable help for the whole combat and not just in the beginning (assuming he will die).

Post subject: Re: companion respawn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 pm 

EK Translator: German
Well, that's part of game mechanics and not a bug. Your companion will also revive if you change the area.

I'll move it to general since it's not a support issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:16 pm 
Loreseeker

Or you can use Scroll of Restoration if you badly need your companion to fight along with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:05 pm 

Well, if you think just for a second about that, if your companion who is already "immortal" becomes something you suggest, it would become also invulnerable.

Thus, I think we all can agree, it would be too much.

OK, when I say we, you obviously don't agree. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:36 am 
Loreseeker

There is actually a very simple solution to this problem.

Just don't let your companion die by giving him/her better gear, investing more points in endurance and using healing items. Or if your companion is the damage dealer and you are the tank, by jumping in front of enemies before they can reach your companion.

That way your companion will still be fighting a lot longer by your side and won't die at the beginning of battles.

Alan_SP wrote:
if your companion who is already "immortal" becomes something you suggest, it would become also invulnerable.

Exactly this. If companions can't die I can just give them a dps build but still use them as invulnerable tank. That would be slightly overpowered and unstoppable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:37 am 

Thanks team for your feedback.
I understand that it will not be fair if the companion became "immortal".

But, sometime, when he / she "faint" and I kill all the enemies around "who attacked us". My companion does not "wake up" because there are other enemies around, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT AWARE ABOUT US (sorry for the capital letters, just to clarifies :) )

So, I have to attack them and kill them then my companion awake. No possibility of sneaking after attacking a part of the enemies in dungeon or maze. (sometime, not practical to go back to entrance, get out, from area, then get back and return to continue exploring).

Would be fair to not attack all of them, only the ones that we already engaged with, move to another room and continue the exploration with my companion waked up (and attack other enemies in another rooms that contains quest's items for example).

Thanks team :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:52 pm 

atlasmoon wrote:
I understand that it will not be fair if the companion became "immortal".

You didn't get it right. :D

Companions are "immortal" as they are. They can't die (or, better to say, they can die as many times as they wish and they are still alive after some conditions are met).

The word is invulnerable. It means, enemies would hit them as much as they want, companions wouldn't feel a thing, wouldn't made smallest dent on them.

If companions become invulnerable in game, main strategy would be push companion in battle, step aside, but stay close enough (when you get too far away enemies heal rapidly, which is protection made just for similar situations that where exploited before) and wait till companion does all the battle. Later just get the spoils from the floor.

It would totally ruin the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:50 pm 
Loreseeker

atlasmoon wrote:
But, sometime, when he / she "faint" and I kill all the enemies around "who attacked us". My companion does not "wake up" because there are other enemies around, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT AWARE ABOUT US (sorry for the capital letters, just to clarifies :) )

So, I have to attack them and kill them then my companion awake. No possibility of sneaking after attacking a part of the enemies in dungeon or maze. (sometime, not practical to go back to entrance, get out, from area, then get back and return to continue exploring).

Actually there are two options to revive your companion in that seemingly odd state; 1. Use Scroll of Restoration to revive it immediately or 2. Use Save and Exit function to refresh it, maybe it's some kind of bug or something related to NPC/enemy distance.