Recommended Controller 4 Android?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Hey

My android phone died and I'm just about to get it replaced, so I have been months without EK.

However I'm looking to get a controller too.

What are recommended? Xbox1? PS4? Other?

I know the XB/PS need to be the Bluetooth version. But other than that, any controller recommendations?

p4ran0id

Staff member
You should check wich one is usable for Android.

My ps3 controller need at least root (and more) to use it on my phone! Better get an easy Bluetooth controller that also supports Android. I don't know which one, so you have to Google for it yourself. But Ps4 or Xbox is not really necessary as long as you don't have one, way too expensive

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Yes, your PS3 will need to root android, and early XB1 (and perhaps early PS4) controllers did not have Bluetooth. However the new version of PS4 and XB1 are Bluetooth. And there are other Bluetooth controllers out there.

What I'm asking for is advice from people with Bluetooth Android controllers their experiences and if they'd recommend one brand over another, be it MS, Sony, or a 3rd party one.

carspollutebro

just so you know i recently tested the controller on this it seems ported very badly...

one issue i had there is no way to advance certain boxes, and no way to access your character screen with controller.

Piumo

Razer Kishi, connect directly on the phone charger plug, no input lag like the bluetooth controls. Worth the high price. Take note that it is not compatible with some games like PUBG mobile if you play it. I use it to play mostly PSX, PSP, SNES and Mame games on my smartphone. Work flawlessy. For Exiled kingdom I prefer touch controls however (maybe because I'm so used to it).

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I couldn't take the input lag of Bluetooth, I've given up playing on BT headphones.

As for a physical connection, my USB-C slot has a watertight plug. I'm loathe to keep removing it as I don't want to weaken it (my last phone drowned whilst literally in my pocket).