How you makes money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arckien

A Shady Traveler":12jrw670 said:
A good place to farm money is Nilomar Cape. You get tons of Steel Mauls and Platemail vests from Ursan.

I really like this place, the only problem is that it is a bit far from new anthur, maybe afterwards it gets better because of the maps that may have below

Joe Simon

I did it after completing the other quests. I was going to turn in the last quest the crown of galade, and there is an option to fight the king, I don't think the option to fight him is there after the quest is completed, but after you fight him they all turn on you. But you get to keep the crown and his other quest reward items he drops. Also when you kill priestess B'rmee you her amulet i think it is.

FQVBSina

I went to the Maze of Lamth. The minotaurs are way too sparsely distributed, it takes much much longer time to clear two levels than orc lair. Plus, minotaurs' drops are all less than what orc king drops (two-hand greatsword). If the minotaurs is more densely packed, it would be a better place to farm for experience but alas, it is not.

The bandits around Freetown does not always drop the bow, and the bow does not sell for that much... They do a lot of damage due to being ranged. I wouldn't recommend it.

If the Mausoleum gives around 5k to 10k gold, I would still choose orc lair which, with the additional backpack, can also generate up to 10k+ gold, and it is safer since you don't have to go through the entire Deadwood to get to it. You can stack orc battle plans and the small potion to sell them too, usually can stack up to 20, which is 500 gold each, almost as good as orc king's drop.

If you don't mind using 2 teleport scrolls (1200 gold) from Icemist, you can even teleport to Freetown to sell. The sell covers the 1200 cost itself and makes even more.

RougeRogue

lower levels i run the missions and sell drops

mid levels is the mausoleum. It has so many enemies dropping good stuff + chests that i usually run out of space and can cherry pick the best.

Also there's a ton of xp to be had in a short time as all the enemies are closey packed, it doesnt take long to run through it.

Higher levels, it's royal crypt. Once again because so much loot and enemies are close together and numerous + chests

Even higher levels then ashen cape + sunken citadel. So much money to be made from the drops and you can run them endlessly until you're full up.

p4ran0id

Staff member
FQVBSina":3rocmz7o said:
I went to the Maze of Lamth. The minotaurs are way too sparsely distributed, it takes much much longer time to clear two levels than orc lair.

It's better only to clear the first stage and teleport back. It can be solved very fast and you have a short way to enter it again. You can do a lot of money in no time, even with level 10.

Ork lair is nice, but it takes more time to get there. Grinding works much better/faster with Maze (lvl1). ;)

Duck123

Loreseeker
Lvl 20+ sunken citadel
Lvl 10+ maze of lamth
Lvl 1-10 selling quest rewards

FQVBSina

p4ran0id":3qq3o0io said:
It's better only to clear the first stage and teleport back. It can be solved very fast and you have a short way to enter it again. You can do a lot of money in no time, even with level 10.

Ork lair is nice, but it takes more time to get there. Grinding works much better/faster with Maze (lvl1). ;)
If you only do level 1, there are only about 10 - 15 minotaurs, and they don't always drop the best selling item minotaur axe. Even if they do, bluesteel and minotaur axe both sell less than bluesteel greatsword, while bluesteel greatsword is a guaranteed drop by orc king plus occasional thunder that sells for even more and bluesteel mace that is equivalent to average axe drop.
If you are farming for gold, orc lair is definitely better than the maze. I go straight for the orc king and it takes at most 30 seconds to get there and 5 seconds to get out of the maze, quick save, and quick load to reset. As a rogue with dodge ability, I can bring literally nothing in my bags and bring back a 20+ stack of small potion, a 10+ stack of battle plans, and at least 25 greatswords plus about 5 - 10 thunder and some other stuff. Each full run yields at least 20k now I start to take only the best selling items and takes less than half an hour.

Nezemis

Using this spots for mage:
1-5 - Lannegear Mine - not so effective but most fun. Wolf hunt isnt fun at all also all drops from wolfs random as hell so you can waste more time than you need.

4-7 - Ydaya Tomb - if youre not ready to pick up Grissenda you can farm there. If you gonna use your rest button at right moment theres no way that mercenary with 200 gold price or more will die there.

5-8 - Kleyou Tomb - require a save button reset abuse but with Gressenda you can farm alot there. Theres no point to run thorugh whole dungeon, just run for two statues at the bottom of the map and end run in secret door room while looting another statue. Then go back and reset a dungeon.

9-11 - Iron Valley - Near freetown you can farm alot from bandits.

11-15 - Mausoleum - Not sure why anyone suggest a Maze when this dungeon exist. It might not be so effective if you dont play as summoner mage with a fire golem and you dont have Hirge as a companion but if you have something againt this horde of skeletons you will have a good amount of gold. Just dont forget to buy a return scroll to not waste your time for walking back. Also one of the best places to farm some equip for your cleric or warrior companion without spending gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.