Zombie Dragon?

ybnorml1

must have been some hiccup in the game that time.....after getting my head handed to me about 6 times i went back and tried with the fire weapons again...... !success! thanks!

jojojajumbo

Hello,

I am playing at normal difficulty but still stuck with the zombie dragon.

Current score: Zombie Dragon 3, Me 0.

I play a 20th level warrior and my companion is Grissenda (18th level). She wields a vulcan maul, and I use another 2-handed hammer (stuns, but no fire).

What does the zombie dragon's -100 fire resistance mean? I do have a 1-handed sword (Justice) and an extra vulcan hammer. But neither delivers the same damage (in terms of DPS) than my 2-H stunner hammer, so I eschew both of them for my 2-H non-fire hammer.

I have watched the video sequence, but I cannot move my character fast enough to avoid the dragon and the breath.

Is there any way to get better toxic resistance? I already don gear that renders my toxic resistance to +85, but I still can't move quick enough to escape the dragon's breath. And my potions of greater healing are not healing fast enough.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread, I am just stuck and wanted to get more info.

Thanks in advance.

ybnorml1

so i was a lvl 23 rouge with rapid fire and evade. with the toxic enemies a ranged attack works best with a melee attacker. my companion is Hirge the cleric with healing maxed. so i am playing a different style as you. i don't mind you jumping in here but you would probably be better served posting on your own. i have gotten alot of help and suggestions on character builds to get past certain hurdles. good luck

p4ran0id

Staff member
Little tip for hirge :

Don't underestimate intervention skill. That is really awesome for such fights if you have enough mana pots.

Really useful for Ironman to kill the unweakened undermother.

VDX_360

Staff member
jojojajumbo":8issvv38 said:
What does the zombie dragon's -100 fire resistance mean?
Resistance means they take less damage, NEGATIVE Resistance means they take MORE damage.

... I cannot move my character fast enough to avoid the dragon and the breath.
With practice you can anticipate the poison cloud and move away from the dragon before it hits. Companions don't have the AI to dodge clouds so that can be a pain.

Is there any way to get better toxic resistance?
The Wiki can point you in the right direction for where to get any dear type:
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/ind ... itle=Toxic

It's not too hard to get Toxic Resistance into the 130 to 160 range. Add the +40 toxic resist from a Greater Toxic Resist Toxic, and at or near 200 is very doable. Note: 210 resistance is complete immunity.

VDX_360

Staff member
Intervention can outperform healing skill in long fights. Obliviously, builds and playing styles differ but it seems once people get used to an Intervention build, they never go back. Those cheap Cognacs translate into a lot of HP.

Also keep in mind that there's no actually need to beat the Zombie Dragon. If that monster is just too much of a pain, put it off till later.